“Overpriced and Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Galliano
Vancouver, Washington
“Overpriced and Disappointing”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

There is nothing special about this Holiday Inn Express ... except its prices (room rates range from about $169 to $199). In my opinion (and based on my stay) there is absolutely no justification for a rate that is essentially double what other HIE properties charge (with internet that was quite slow & sluggish). The rooms were clean; the beds were nice ... but one usually gets such quality and the very typical breakfast they serve at other HIE hotels. I will have a hard time returning to this establishment in future travels to Cut Off or Galliano. It's experiences like this that make me question any loyalty to Intercontinental Hotel Group properties.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear CB3322,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you find our rooms and beds nice and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. As for the rates, we strive to provide a competitive rate in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. Nevertheless, we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource in providing guest satisfaction.

We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was booked in by the agency as I was due offshore.
It was a good choice as it is conveniently located and is of a high standard.
Check-in was efficient.
The room was spacious with a bed to accommodate an extended family (massive)
All the conveniences are there from clean towels to hair dryer,TV, free Wifi and a coffee machine.
There were two things that did put me off, an air conditioner that sounded like a jet engine (it was efficient in cooling down the room but not to take off) and a sticky carpet. not sure if it was the material or the type of carpet shampoo that was used.
I had no meals there and can not comment on them.
A pool with a chill out area would be nice.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Virtual_dirk
Sugar Land, TX
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I never actually got to the actual visit, though I had a reservation. Amazingly they had a 48 hour cancellation policy (not common in hotels of this level, though that is changing a little), and I missed the window by 15 hours and my company got stuck with a $150 cancellation fee. I cancelled on the morning of the reservation because I didn't have the information I needed to make a decision about the trip. I work for a major corporation that puts a number of people in that hotel (along with our contractors). They wouldn't budge on waiving the fee. I do realize this is policy, which I respect, but with large volume travel we are able to get more flexibility with other hotels, even much higher end ones. (I have a different perspective with a personal reservation.) They would not budge with the cancellation fee. Maybe I am being presumptuous to have any kind of expectation like this, but we get more flexibility with others, and I (and others in my organization) will look to other places for accommodations in this area when I reserve there in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank christian30
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Dear christian30,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Regarding our cancellation policy, we always ensure that our guests are fully informed of the penalties and make sure that they conform to the terms and conditions, I am truly sorry if this policy didn't meet your expectations.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Dhan M
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I've stayed here two times but the first time was much better. The price of this place is out of touch with reality! $169 for a room is crazy in this town. It seems as if the motel has changed management and it has gone down a lot. It's just OK. Nothing special, but it COULD be, with the right people behind it. Decent, just won't stay again. The breakfast wasn't good at all. Very bland. Same ole pastries, juice, blah. Nothing different.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank breeland
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear breeland,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to see you received breakfast options and room rates that were less than satisfactory during your stay. Kindly be assured that your review will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Zelyn N
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The Holiday Inn Express is a nice hotel but on the expensive side. Room rates were about $189 when I was there. The hotel has all the amenities I would expect to have except a pool. The rooms are no smoking, they have a continental breakfast and free newspapers. Compared to other hotels in the area, it is very quiet. If you are in Galliano rooms are sometimes hard to come by because of the amount of crew changing mariners, so book early if possible. I like the location because there are a lot of restaurants and stores in walking distance and a Wal-Mart right across the street for last minute supplies. The hotel has Wi-Fi as well.

Room Tip: Book early, rooms go fast. Every day of the week is busy for hotels in Galliano.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert C
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here while on an extended business trip in July and I loved it. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is really friendly. My only complaint is the continental breakfast. It's not open for very long and sometimes the eggs are a little on the dry side. Other than that it's a great place to stay. I will stay there again and I recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank margaritaville4
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I stayed at the hotel earlier this month. Check-in was efficient and very friendly. The room was great, very clean, the bed was four pillows wide! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Ruth1010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galliano
Days Inn Galliano LA
Days Inn Galliano LA
#2 of 4 in Galliano
Best Western Isabelle Court
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raceland - Highway 90
Candlewood Suites Cut Off
Candlewood Suites Cut Off
#4 of 4 in Galliano

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano? Share your experiences!