“Best place in Galliano”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Galliano
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great beds. Clean. Friendly staff especially Ms. B. Breakfast could be better but it's free. They provide dinner during the week which is nice because the restaurant options are limited. Very close to LOOP.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank shinobi373
Isabel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear shinobi373,

Thank you so much for rating us Five Stars and the "Best Place in Galliano." It is genuinely appreciated that you have taken the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for acknowledging our front desk agent. I am glad you found our beds great and clean and also that our location was convenient for you. We are also happy to know that you were able to enjoy of our IHG Rewards Guest Reception Dinner. Overall we are glad we made a comfortable and memorable experience for you.We look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I brought my parents down for a visit. The hotel was
nice and clean. Unfortunately, it was way over priced. It cost over $400 for 2 nights! My family travels frequently and often stays at Holiday Inns, We have stayed at better Holiday Inns than this one and paid substantially less.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank H7142
Isabel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear H7142,

The time you took to provide us with feedback for our property is appreciated. I am glad you found our hotel nice and clean. As for the rates, we strive to provide a competitive rate in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. Nevertheless, we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource in providing guest satisfaction. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband was working around the area for a couple of weeks and I decided to go visit him. Ms. Beatrice Mack checked us in and was very nice and helped us with everything we needed. The free breakfast was good! I wish they had a pool because I brought my three year old boy, but they had a basketball court instead. One of the staff told us about a community pool not far from here and it was really nice. Overall we had a wonderful time just for a visit!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Isabel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear tfni85,

Thank you so much for the five star review and for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel on your past stay. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am extremely happy to see that we exceeded your expectations, thank you so much for the great review and for acknowledging our front desk agent she will be so excited to hear your complements, we do look forward to your next visit with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Galliano for 2 weeks on business whilst I was working in Port Fourchon, and I had an enjoyable time whilst staying at the hotel.
Upon arrival I was greeted by very friendly and helpful staff who were more than happy to give me local advice on what to see and what restaurants to use in the local area (there is no restaurant at the hotel).
The room I was staying in was a standard room with a large double bed which was very comfortable, and it also had cable TV, fridge, and nice bathroom with a powerful shower and a bath, so everything I needed.
The location of the hotel is a bit 'out of the way' unless you have a car. There is a large Wall-Mart across the road and also a McDonalds, Quiznos (Subway style, but better), next door to the hotel. There is also a Dominos pizza takeaway if you walk in the other direction.
If you have a car then the location is not a problem at all.
The hotel serves a free breakfast which is very basic, but it does the job if your hungry. It serves bacon, ham, sausage, scones, cereals, etc, and also provides hot coffee and juice.
The hotel also provides free pizza nights on Monday's & Wednesday's (if I remember correctly) which are laid out in the lobby area, which is certainly a nice touch when you don't fancy venturing outside.
There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel which is excellent, and there is also computers and a printer in the lobby area which is free to use.
One down side is the hotel doesn't have an outside swimming pool, which would be very handy in the summer months, and also the gym could do with an update.

After speaking to locals and travelling around the area a lot, I would consider this to be the best hotel in the area and I would certainly be happy to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Isabel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Northseatiger1979, It was our pleasure making sure you felt "GREAT". I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful time. These comments always make us feel special. I look forward to your next visit. As our Motto states: Great hotels, guest LOVE! Thank you!

Isabel Moreno
GM

Reviewed 9 March 2014

For the price this hotel has nothing going for it. The water in the wash basin was only a trickle, almost impossible to use.
Breakfast was very average with a very limited offering.
The only reason for stopping there was we were traveling from Port Fourchon back to New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear JudeAberdeen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 December 2013

There is nothing special about this Holiday Inn Express ... except its prices (room rates range from about $169 to $199). In my opinion (and based on my stay) there is absolutely no justification for a rate that is essentially double what other HIE properties charge (with internet that was quite slow & sluggish). The rooms were clean; the beds were nice ... but one usually gets such quality and the very typical breakfast they serve at other HIE hotels. I will have a hard time returning to this establishment in future travels to Cut Off or Galliano. It's experiences like this that make me question any loyalty to Intercontinental Hotel Group properties.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Dear CB3322,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you find our rooms and beds nice and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. As for the rates, we strive to provide a competitive rate in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. Nevertheless, we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best resource in providing guest satisfaction.

We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was booked in by the agency as I was due offshore.
It was a good choice as it is conveniently located and is of a high standard.
Check-in was efficient.
The room was spacious with a bed to accommodate an extended family (massive)
All the conveniences are there from clean towels to hair dryer,TV, free Wifi and a coffee machine.
There were two things that did put me off, an air conditioner that sounded like a jet engine (it was efficient in cooling down the room but not to take off) and a sticky carpet. not sure if it was the material or the type of carpet shampoo that was used.
I had no meals there and can not comment on them.
A pool with a chill out area would be nice.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Virtual_dirk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galliano
Days Inn Galliano LA
#1 of 4 in Galliano
Candlewood Suites Cut Off
Candlewood Suites Cut Off
#4 of 4 in Galliano

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Galliano? Share your experiences!