“Clean & Comfy”

Indiana
“Clean & Comfy”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Just passing thru, NO complaints
Friendly staff, Clean room, right off highway
What you would expect from Hampton Inn
Hubby gives it a thumbs up!
Convienient Location, Cracker Barrel and outlet stores across the street.
Disappointed we had to leave early AM as there were several outlets I could have happily visited.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WeTell
166ANNAS166, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gonzales, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your comments by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here on our trip to visit the Plantations of Louisiana. Room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. We make smoothies in our room so I don't know how the breakfast was, We would definitely stay there again if we are in the area. I do want to give a shout out to Meeka. We had some problems with our reservation on line so we called the hotel. Meeka to the rescue! She took care of everything!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RRTexas
Longview, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A friend and I spent six nights at the Hampton in Gonzales, Louisiana and it was great. Check in was quick and easy. Not being the most computer literate person, I was having trouble getting my Kindle to access the hotel WiFi but the young man at the front desk walked me through it and got it set up. The room was very clean and we never heard other guests and there was plenty of hot water every morning. The breakfast was good every day and it was fresh. Cynthia was in charge of the breakfast area and there was always plenty of food and everything was spotless. She told me to let her know if we had a special request so one day we said it would be nice to have bacon instead of sausage the next morning and she had bacon the next day. Cynthia always checked with the guests to make sure they were pleased with the buffet. I call that special service. I was extremely pleased with my stay and will stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 208 which faced the front and it was very quiet. The hotel is a block off the main...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LindaSPage
Orlando
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I've stayed at many Hampton Inns - I am on the road every other week. This was by far the worst Hampton Inn I've ever been in. No one could tell me the cable channels. When I checked in Sunday night, I wanted to watch Game of Thrones. Apparently they changed cable providers, but left the old channel lineup cards in the rooms. I called the front desk, and she said they do not have HBO anymore! And, if I wanted a new card, I had to come down and get one. So, I put my shoes back on, went downstairs, got a new card, and it was completely wrong too! After going through the channels one by one, I found HBO and HLN. Neither one was listed on the card I went downstairs to get. Housekeeping apparently was not given the new cards either, because they took the new one out of my room and replaced it with the old one. Not only that, Housekeeping threw away my personal earplugs AND my personal soap - that I brought from home! The hallways were very hot. I always take one of the “to go” bags to have a healthy snack during the day. There was no cereal bar, and the apple was bruised and inedible. When I checked out - I wanted to talk to someone about my stay - there was no one to be found - either at the front desk, or in the breakfast area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room and breakfast was fine. Not as lush as I thought it would be for the regular price they charge. I was not impressed with the day staff. They were never at the desk and had to wait every time I had a question. Not sure I will stay there again, I don't know if I will stay at any other Hampton Inn if I have the same problems.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed 2 nights for business trip in the area. Hotel was clean, quiet, and convenient. Typical Hampton Inn experience. I would recommend for business travel or a stay in the Gonzales/South Baton Rouge area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank 250stephenl
Calvert City, Ky, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Good location, pleasant staff, clean quiet rooms. I stay here often when in South Louisana on business. Short drive to North Shore area, plenty of restaurants, and next door to Cabellas. Try Don's Seafood and Mike Anderson's for great seafood.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business