“FAMILY FUNERAL STAY/MANNING ACADEMY”

Best Western Plus Houma Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gray
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel has been re-vamped on the inside & was totally up to par, for any family or business stay. I am so glad I did call to make reservations there. Plus, it was not that far for Thibodaux -- were the MANNING ACADEMY was being held [Nicholls State University]!! Most of all:: friendly staff & very respectful too!! And, they have a WAFFLE HOUSE in front of their hotel!! One of the best WAFFLE HOUSES in the area of Gray, Houma & Thibodaux [Louisiana]!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kristy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Houma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your thoughts about our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. By expressing your views about your stay, you are helping other travelers who may have a difficult time when choosing where to book. We very much appreciate the review and hope to see you again soon.
Kristy Liner

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Houma Inn

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Room was spacious and clean, there is three restaurants outside the hotel and a convenience store right across the road. Didn't get to eat the provided breakfast, the shower was a stand up shower which is odd to find in a hotel now a days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your thoughts about our hotel. We greatly appreciate it and hope to see you again soon! Hopefully next time you will get to try our breakfast.
Kristy Liner

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My Son, Daughter-in-law and Grandson were looking forward to relaxing in the pool while I attended a function. Upon checking in we discovered the pool was dirty. No employees seemed to know anything about the pool being broken. There is not a whole lot of things for a 3 year old to do in Houma, much less Gray. Very disappointing. Our rooms were fine and we only had one other problem with the stopper in a sink and that was resolved immediately.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kristy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Houma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts. Please accept my deepest apologies for the trouble with our pool. We had unexpected trouble with the pump's main valve which lead to the pump being downed for a few days. Regrettably, this led to the pool's condition being less than ideal while waiting for a service tech to correct the issue. I'm very happy to report that the valve has been fixed and our pool is able to be enjoyed by guests once again. I do hope, if you ever need to return to the area, that you would give us another chance to provide you with an excellent stay. Our main goal with every guest is to provide superior service and accommodations.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've traveled all around the world. Much of that business some leisure. I stayed at some really exclusive places and some lower rated. But I've never stayed at a better hotel than this Best Western in Gray, Louisiana. When I made the reservations (the hotel was recommend by an associate) I thought I'd be staying at a small town type hotel with at best, mediocre accommodations. What a present and very pleasing surprise, this was actually one of the best stays I've ever had anywhere. As I've stated, I've stayed at some expensive and highly rated hotels, but the Best Western in Gray matched all of them (okay, no room service, but call me, I could go on and on about the big and little things that just makes this hotel really nice)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for this fantastic review! We definitely appreciate that you took the time to let other travelers know how you felt about your stay with us. I am sharing your review and other reveiws with our team so they may know that their efforts are appreciated. Hearing this makes all of our hard work worthwhile. We hope to see you again soon!
Thanks again,

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I called late on a Saturday and needed to get off the road and rest. I called this hotel's number and got to talk with a live human being who was actually on the property who did not transfer me to Pakistan, WOW. I found this hotel and staff to be very pleasant. It was newly remodeled from the appearance of things. The staff was very accomdating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great review. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to let other travelers know about us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My stay with Best West Plus in Gray, LA was one of the best stay I could have experienced. My son and I really enjoyed our stay. We will return again real soon. The first room I checked into, the air was out and the television was not working. Neither of them would come on and I went back to the front desk. Ms. Karen was the service desk clerk who assisted me. After telling her what was wrong, she immediately check us into another room. The room was so comfortable and beautiful. My son just stood and looked out of the window for a while talking about the view. Thanks for such great service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts about our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the problems with your first room. I'm glad that we were able to get you into a better room. Thankfully, we were able to get the issues corrected. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay despite the initial troubles.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

the remodeling seems to be done, the rooms are nice, clean and of good size. Angel checked us in and out, and was super friendly and willing to help in any way she could. I don't prefer B/W because they are all over the board as far as good clean rooms, but, this B/W is top notch. Was there anything i didn't like? Not really, but, the alarm clock is very bright and lights up the room, so a towel makes an excellent clock cover, so i'd say its All Good!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Kristy L, General Manager at Best Western Plus Houma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate that you took the time to submit your thoughts on our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience with the clock. I will definitely let Angel know that she is doing a great job and that her efforts are being appreciated! I'd like to encourage you to try out more Best Western branded properties as your experience with our property is a direct reflection of our worldwide brand's increased standards and a fine tuned direction toward providing the highest quality guest experience possible.

Been to Best Western Plus Houma Inn? Share your experiences!