“Good value for money”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Gretna
Dublin, California
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have read many negative reviews of this hotel and about this area. But to be honest, this hotel is safe place to stay while visiting New Orleans. We were family with kid and we never had any issue during our 2 nights of stay. Yes, there are people, who aren't pleasant, but you will find them everywhere in the city, even at the heart of French Quarter. The room was basic but clean and spacious. The best part is that they provide hot breakfast in the morning, including sausage, egg, biscuit & gravy and other stuff. Staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful. All these for 70$/night is a big deal, in comparison with many others we checked during the Memorial day long weekend. I will certainly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for value and reasonable comfort. The only confusing thing I found was the name of the hotel, from outside the name shows Quality Inn Suites, but its the same property which also houses the Econo Lodge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AshimB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Not elegant, but as good as or better than expected from Econo Lodge. My room was clean and comfortable. Bed was very nice. Shower was good. Room had fridge and microwave which was nice. Decent TV with lots of channels. Only minor issue was housekeeping didn't leave enough towels so had to visit front desk to get some. Check-in/out was quick. Breakfast was adequate. Overall, nice stay and good value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RMM60
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I came in to see my family and econo lodge was the only hotel in the area available. I saw reviews and it was in the 3 range. Man I wish I could be that nice after driving for 8 hours in the car and three teens with me. The clerk was nice but very low but did enjoy talking to her but she was not very attentive to getting in the room. The room the smoke alarm wasn't in the ceiling it was on the desk. We tried using the remote control it wasn't working we soon discovered there was no batteries in it. When we tried calling we looked every where and discovered there was no phone. The walls was badly repaired and looked like a two year old did the patch work repairs. The clerk at the front desk was the only one working for both the hotels. The elevator in the middle of the complex was broken and there was only two for the whole site. Our room was at the very end of the complex and had to use the front elevator and walk all the way back to the room. It wouldn't so bad but I just had both knees replaced and stairs was out of the question and I was on the third floor. The carpet has cigarette ashes from the prior guest on the floor on the side of the bed. The room was subpost to be smoke free. When I tried to plug in the phone charger for my cell it shot sparks out at me. I think tomorrow I will look for another hotel.

• Stayed March 2014

Travellers are raving about these Gretna hotels

Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel is a 2 in one, Econolodge and Quality Inn, we drove around for 45 minutes looking for Econolodge, nowhere is it marked outside. I finally went iniside to ask where it was and saw they were combined, again....more time wasted. it took us 3 hours to check in after being on the road for 12 hours. The desk people were rude to each others as well as customers. It took us 3 tries to finally get a room that was decent. First rooms locks didn't work, 2nd rooms bathroom light didn't work so they finally put us in the 3rd room which was a suite, much more space but didn't look like it was ready to rent. Carpet untacked at the walls, not swept, dirty curtains and an a/c that was sparking in the 2nd part of the room. All these issues totally ruined our first night to the French quarter. They did comp my first nights stay, which I appreciate (thanks to Ron!), but it didn't give us our time back. They rarely answer the phones when you call and when they do, it's with an attitude. As much time as I spent at the desk, everyone was having some sort of issue. Good location to the Quarters but I won't ever go back to that hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here