“Food is Avg. to Good, Atmosphere is Great!”

Gretna's Common Grounds Coffee
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Gretna
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gretna, Louisiana
“Food is Avg. to Good, Atmosphere is Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been here on several occasions. My favorite place on the westbank to have breakfast b/c the service is good and the food is mostly good (hashbrowns were cold and mushy). The atmosphere is very casual and laid back and I like that. It's the kind of place to go for a good time with friends or family. Not fancy. Prices are very fair. Service is good and the ppl are friendly. A great neighborhood cafe.

• Visited February 2014

Gretna, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greasy, Greasy, Greasy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Went for Breakfast and was very disappointed! My eggs were swimming in oil, my hash browns were cold and mushy. Will not be back.

Visited October 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Excellent food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place was our last-ditch effort to find a good place to have breakfast when we are in town visiting the kids. I am so glad we found it, and so sad that we found it on our last day there…and even more sad when I think of all the money we wasted on crappy breakfast in the Quarter.

The place is clean, clutter free, and the service is fast and friendly. You can sit outside with your pup and smoke if you’d like, or you can sit inside in the cooliness of the air conditioning. Which we did.

The food is delicious. Just what you want in a breakfast. Hot, fresh and tasty. Nothing fancy needed, as the food speaks for itself.

I had the Westbank Omelet and it was delicious. Husband and son-in-law both had the Steak and Eggs and they both raved about it. I tried the steak and it was the best breakfast steak I've had anywhere - nicely seasoned and perfectly cooked. My daughter had the Eggs Benedict (which we all tasted) and it was also very well prepared and delicious. We also ordered the Bayou Omelet because we just had to try it, and I have to say it just might have been the best of all.

The ingredients were fresh, all the food came out piping hot and everyone was very polite and friendly.

Save the money you will spend in the Quarter for mediocre food in depressing portions and come here instead.

You will not regret it.

Visited June 2013
New Orleans
“Lower your expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

My family loves this place, I'm not impressed. I guess that's because they like to have breakfast there (it's hard to mess up bacon and eggs?) and I went during lunch.

I ordered the BBQ chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. What I got was a very large but very bland mostly cooked chicken breast that coincidentally had BBQ sauce smeared on top of it before being served dressed on a bun. The fries were good, but I got half way into a poor excused for "BBQ chicken" sandwich before realizing that it wasn't fully cooked. Really??

Visited June 2012
1 Thank SpicyCajun
“Great for brunch or anytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

A repurposed Chevrolet dealership, Common Grounds offers great breakfasts, burgers and super appetizers at retro prices. Comfortable, in the heart of Old Gretna. A contrast to The Quarter or Uptown restaurants. Enjoy!

Been to Gretna's Common Grounds Coffee? Share your experiences!