“Ain't Coming Back”

Panda King
Ranked #42 of 122 Restaurants in Gretna
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The restaurant claimed to be a fine dining establishment (and seafood, too), and I was intrigued. It turned out that the restaurant was divided into two -- the buffet section, and the dimsum section. I happened to be in the dimsum section. The rolling carts were annoying, as there were not that many people. The vendors kept going back to you with the same stuff, hoping you would eat the same thing again and again. The food was terrible. The waiter was nice... but I am never going back to that place again. Have I mentioned that the food was terrible? Plus, it was expensive... yikes! The duck wings needed more flavor, the snails tasted bad, the noodles... I should have gone somewhere else.

1  Thank JoeyIligan0517
There are newer reviews for Panda King

Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is the best dim sum place in greater New Orleans area. The food is not always consistent but it hit the spot for those who crave for the dim sum. It can be very busy on Sunday. So get there early (before 11am)

1  Thank Mimi L
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I been here a few time, the buffet are not great, very little choice to choose from. I ate 3 different seafood and I was done. The dimsum on sat and Sunday morning are quite good, just the price is higher then some other place I been to. And they take awhile for all the cart to come around. The sitting area r really tight because They try to fit more table in a small space. It was harder to get around especially wit a baby troller. I would avoid the hassle but I do order to go because they have good and fresh dimsum

1  Thank K_tran187
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Probably the best Chinese buffet in the New Orleans area. They also feature some Louisiana dishes. Everything is fresh, staff competent and friendly. They also do a senior discount (over 65).

2  Thank cockney007
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Having moved here from Houston, I've had my fair share of dim sum. Panda King is the only decent place in New Orleans with good dim sum! I went on a Sunday (which was SUPER packed) and they have a decent amount of dim sum variety, hit all the good stuff! They were a bit slow on pushing the food though, but again it was rush hour time I guess. I also took a glance at their buffet, and it is way bigger than your average little Chinese buffet place (will probably go try). And as an architect, and couldn't help but appreciate the many details people miss, and for a simple Chinese restaurant, I can tell they spent extra on the construction. Good Job! Will definitely come back for more.

1  Thank mango1268

Been to Panda King? Share your experiences!