Knights Inn Gretna New Orleans West Bank
US$76
US$131
US$53
US$47
Henry Howard Hotel(New Orleans)
US$227
  • Bar/Lounge
Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$104
ClarionHotels
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed here with my son's AAU team from Friday to Monday this Memorial Day weekend. Front desk staff and manager were very nice and accommodating. The first room given had a extreme damp atomosphere and all lamp fixtures, light switches, water faucet and shower heads were all rusted like they has been under water for some time. Basically anything metal in that room was showing signs of rust. The outside surface of the bedside table had mold growing. A quick trip to front desk and I was given another room. The second room was clean however the dampness was still there. I don't think it's the atmosphere there as I'm from Florida and have never experienced that in any of our hotels around the state.....but then I haven't stayed in a " motel" like establishment in over 20 yrs.

Breakfast was good and plentiful. Bartender was nice in bar and every staff I came in contact greeted me and was welcoming. Could be a much better hotel with some attention to the rooms and ventilation problems. Good for a one night stay but not for three.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Janeen T
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Sold to Wyndham and made a Days Inn. That's about what you get!
Landscape and pool: Nice and in good shape
Rooms: need a lot of help. Beds and pillows suck. Air conditioner very noisy (always on, with or without the compressor on). Phone did not work (in fact they moved us because the phone didn't work in the first unit). To flush the toilet one had to hold the handle until it flushed.
Staff was great.
I think (80%) the staff lets their family and friends use the pool and hot tub, but I am not positive.
Breakfast: Good but different. They actually cook scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage and they were good but no water (hot or cold) No toast, bagels etc (no toaster either) and I hope you like Cheerios because that is your only choice (that and kids multi colored sugared Cheerios). I am saying what they have is good but compared to others, their breakfast is very limited.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very nice, clean hotel. Large rooms, free breakfast buffet, restaurant on site. Front desk ladies so kind and helpful. We stayed one night, parked our car in the secured lot, was very comfortably shuttled to the port Orleans cruise terminal, and shuttled back 7days latter . All for less than what it would have cost us just to park for the 7 days at the cruise terminal. We will gladly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed for our cruise for a night. The room looked clean, but had a funky smell that we couldn't pin down. We wished the pool was open later too. The bar is kind of loud at night but we weren't close to it so it didn't bug us a night. The breakfast was nicer than average. The do have a shuttle for the cruise, but we used a garage anyhow. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jenny K
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night before our cruise. I was very impressed with the check in staff. Extremely nice, informative, and fun! They had a great sense of humor!

The room fits the price. It was clean, smelled good and was comfortable. For the price, it is fine. It is NOT a 5 Star hotel, but you aren't paying a 5 Star price!

The next morning, the included breakfast is kind of lacking. Not much there and what was there was just there.

If you go there for a cruise, make sure you get Harold! He is a very nice, fun person! We had a lot of fun with him!

If we take another cruise out of New Orleans, I will gladly book here again!

• Stayed: April 2013