“Never Stay Here!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Gretna
Riverton, Utah
“Never Stay Here!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Miskitos everywhere, phone doesn’t work, TV has lines in it, walls have damage and are different colors, Hanger Rods are rusted, window shades won’t close all the way (People can see in). This place is nasty, don’t stay here. I’m checking in to another hotel and will have to eat the costs here!

Room Tip: Don't get a room here. If you must, look at the rooms before you sign anything!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Do not stay here! There are some positives. The staff are as friendly and courteous as you will find anywhere. The park and cruise option is unbeatable. The free shuttle to and from the port enhances the free park and cruise option. Now for the property. TIRED does not even begin to describe it. There was mold in the bathroom and as a result a musty smell permeated the room. It does not appear to be in a good area. The window in the room next to us was boarded up but the broken bits of glass were still in evidence. Thank goodness for febreze. NOLA and the surrounding area hotels were completely booked by the time we found this one. BUT you can bet that next time I will change the dates of my visit rather than book this hotel. The really bad part is that I booked for 3 couples, I am fortunate that I have nice friends. Just hope they don't as me for their room rate back ($139 + tax is way to much to charge for this place).

Room Tip: My tip for finding a good room is to NOT stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Gretna hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was the worst hotel customer service we have ever encountered in our traveling experience. We got there at 1, were told check in was at 3. We came back at 3 and there were 15 people in line already. I wouldn't have mind the wait but an HOUR for 15 people? There were at least 30 people behind me already! When i go to the front it was 4 pm. Asked for the manager and was told that "she is running personal errands" wow! I specifically asked when i gave my CC if i was going to get charged again she said no, and STILL got charged! Called 2 times and was told both times that "management is out running personal errands, not sure when she will be back" Still have yet to receive MY MONEY BACK... Run like HELL from his place!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I were going on a cruise, and after calling around and searching the internet, we decided on this hotel because of the price associated with the park and cruise package. Unfortunately, I did not read any reviews before our stay and what happened to us was beyond what I would ever had thought would happen.

Upon arrival, I noticed there was no covered parking, and the hotel was not in the best area. It was late and we thought, it will be okay. It's only for one night, and we were sure that people would be watching vehicles throughout our seven night cruise. During check in, the lady at the counter obviously got distracted when another customer came to the desk asking for lysol, saying there was a distinct smell in her room. She definitely had an attitude with the lady, and apparently this is where things went wrong. She was trying to deal with us, and this lady at the same time and got room numbers mixed up. She had written 1104 on our cruise document, but apparently gave us the key for 1105, but this wasn't caught until later.

Once we got into our room, we noticed everything seemed fine. We parked our car under lights, and tried to make the best of it. We started getting ready for bed and had the TV turned on when our door FLUNG open with the top lock catching it. The men started blurting out expletives and my husband jumped up and pushed the door shut shouting "wrong room buddy!" I was in a panic and started trying to call the front desk. It was like a bad dream. The phone rang and rang and rang and no one would answer. Finally after a million tries, someone finally picks up and I frantically tell her what has happened, and she tells us to come to the front desk to get another key. After that, we decided we no longer wanted to stay and started calling around different hotels. We found the Holiday Inn Express next to the Superdome. It was twice the price, but upon arrival, we could understand why. Covered secure parking, nicer rooms, etc. We were able to book the LAST room they had.

The people at the front desk were kind though, and didn't charge us any fees. They refunded us our money and we headed on our way.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lcouch25
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 27 September 2013

It was the worse hotel experience we've ever had! Inept personnel at the desk (did not know how to scan a credit card), clean towel shortage on the 2nd day of our 2 day stay. Restaurant not open as advertized and no food on breakfast buffet (both days). We witnessed a guest taking photos of the buffet and an employee arguing that the truck did not deliver food 2 days in a row. Also, the hotel had an unpleasant odor and our room was not clean!
We will alert the cruise sites about this so no one else who would be booking the cruise parking package will not have to go thru what we encountered. We talked to others there who said "NEVER AGAIN!"

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Petersburg, Virginia
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I have come to the Quality Inn several times from Virginia. I am originally from New Orleans. When we came to visit in July from July 11,2013 thru July 14, 2013. The room smelled like mold and the carpet was wet in one of the rooms they had sent us too. I can say one positive thing is ; once i let the front desk know they did exchange our room immediately. I understand that Quality inn was upgrading their hotel. We have given so many chances to Quality Inn to provide a clean atmosphere. The room smelled so bad i had to go and buy air freshner and bleach spray to clean the tub. Underneath the mat in the tub was black and nasty. The breakfast was really delicious. My husband said that he never wants to stay at Quality Inn ever again when we come to New Orleans. The company charges too much money for you to stay in mold and roaches hanging from the walls. I wouldn't recommend to stay here unless its for only 1 night. we had to constantly ask for housekeeping also to bring us fresh towels and to clean our rooms. The stay wasn't worth what we paid.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first so that you could make sure no roaches are in there. Check the carpet to m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Toshiba H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Choice Privileges member and I still got the run around. 3 night stay early August. Left the hotel 2 days in a row to do sightseeing. Returned 12 hours later.......No housekeeping for my room. No trash pick up, no beds made, no general clean up. Alerted the front desk who seemed disinterested. Faked taking information down. On first offense, the front desk barely had 4 towels to give me and no additional toilet paper. Instead, I got 3 boxes of tissues to use as toilet paper. On second offense, refused to take dirty towels from me in exchange for clean ones. No management on duty to speak to. Called Customer Service who tried to contact them. After 72 hours, no response to the Corporate Office. Don't expect any service from them. Don't expect this to be associated with the Choice Hotel chain for long. Don't go there PERIOD!!!!

Room Tip: In order to choose a good room, I recommend not choosing this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Days Inn Gretna New Orleans
La Quinta Inn New Orleans West Bank / Gretna
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
Comfort Suites Harvey
Courtyard New Orleans Westbank/Gretna
Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank

Been to Knights Inn Gretna New Orleans West Bank? Share your experiences!