“"A TIME TO BE HAD"”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gretna
GreenLeadersBronze level
“"A TIME TO BE HAD"”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I wanted to celebrate turning 40 in New Orleans and we were glad I choose this hotel to stay in. We stayed for 5 days and each day our rooms were nicely cleaned. Every empoylee was just so friendly and helpful. Having a bar and restaurant onsite was a great advantage. Getting up every morning to a HOT homecook breakfast was just one of the great perks that they had to offer. My family and I had an awesome time even after we left Bourbon Street! We already planning the next trip and there is no other place we will be staying!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Ovajoy
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
First, happy belated birthday! I am so happy that you chose us as your home away from home while celebrating such a milestone birthday.

What a compliment to us that not only would you choose us as your birthday hotel of choice, but that you would stay with us for 5 nights. We truly love all of our guests but those who stay wish us for more than a night or two become family. I am pleased that you "felt the love" and that you found all of our employees so friendly and helpful.

Our restaurant, The Roundhouse, is really a great place to start your day with a hot breakfast or finish your evening with a nightcap. Like you, I do love our home-cooked breakfast, but where we really shine is our lunch and dinner options. When you return I highly recommend our hot ham and swiss poboy - simply a masterpiece.

New Orleans is simply a magical city but Bourbon is only the beginning and the fun doesn't have to stop there. I'm so glad we had a small role in your special occasion. Do come back and see us soon. Please ask for me when you do so I can personally welcome you back and thank you for an AWESOME review!

Your in hospitality,

Dustin Floyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2011

It's close to New Orleans (NOLA) but not at the center of it, hence away from all the craziness. It's not too bad a drive to downtown NOLA but you will have to pay for the toll bridge every you drive into downtown. The room was standard, spacey but no microwave or fridge. The pool seemed nice and I liked the gym. Staffs were friendly. There is a restaurant which is good for weather day. There are plenty of good places to eat around too.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Larry H
Good Day Larry,

Thanks so much for your positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and brought up some of the benefits of staying with us, right over the bridge.

I'm sorry that you couldn't locate your refrigerator, as we have one in each guest room. It is sometimes camouflaged as it sits hidden in our armoire. We'll make certain our agents notify future guests of this along with the availability of microwaves.

I also appreciate your review of our swimming pool and fitness areas. These are surely popular amenities and we work hard to ensure they are always well maintained and guest ready. It's too bad that the most time I spend in the gym is the multiple inspections that I make daily haha.

I will share your feedback with our staff and commend them all on a job well done. I may be partial, but I believe we have the friendliest staff around. Our people truly are the secret to our success.

Please let me know when next you stay with us as I'd love to have a chance to personally thank you for your review.

Yours in hospitality,
The Woodlands
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We made an impromptu trip to New Orleans so we could visit with a sick friend that was coming home from the hospital.
They hotel was very clean inside and the persons at the front desk were wonderful and very friendly.
My only complaint would be that our room was very noisy from the highway outside of our window.
It took a little while to fall asleep due to this, but the beds were comfy and the rooms were clean so I can't complain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not too close to the highway.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank artkayak
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Thanks so much for staying with us during your recent trip to visit your sick friend. We do hope your friend is feeling better!

I'd like to personally thank you for your nice compliments regarding our front desk staff and cleanliness of our facilities. These are certainly 2 areas where we work very hard to ensure our guests get our very best. I will certainly pass your comments along to the responsible departments and recognize their efforts.

I do apologize that you had a bit of trouble with the noise levels in your room. Select guest rooms do, at times, present a challenge due to our close proximity to greater metropolitan New Orleans. This is not the case in the majority of our rooms and generally we are able to satisfy "quite" floor requests for our more sound sleepers. During your next visit please inquire about this and if you need any personal assistance my cell phone number is provided in each guest room directory. As I said, our guests deserve the very best and I aim to ensure that happens.

Again, thanks for your review and please do come back!

At your service,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was our first trip to New Orleans, after months of planning and many emails, for a wedding. The hotel was one of those on the bridal list. Imagine my surprise when I realised my reservation was due to expire on the date of the wedding. The receptionist (rather dour) was very unhelpful to us tired travellers after our long journey and unable to promise that we would be able to stay for the duration booked. I felt like turning around and going to another hotel, discouraged only by the lateness of the hour and the fact I would inconvenience my friends who were dropping me. I agreed to stay the night and fix the hotel's error in the morning. Thankfully, a new dawn, a new day brought a fresh face at the desk with a smile - Sherlonda - was so helpful every day (Anonymous above who never wore a badge continued to be dour throughout our stay!!). Sherlonda knew customer service and had the error fixed in a flash.

Our room was clean. The air-con was very cool and we rushed to adjust it each time we returned to the room. The bar was also very cool (temperature). The staff there were helpful and pleasant.

It was very helpful to have a PC and printer in the foyer for check-in on-line and printing of boarding pass for the next stage of my trip.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway side, on upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thanks for your review. What a treat it is for us to welcome a first time visitor to our city! New Orleans is the perfect city for a wedding and we are honored to be able to provide lodging for these very special events.

It troubles me that you found ANY member of our staff, much less Guest Services personnel, anything but friendly and accommodating. From your insightful feedback I am reevaluating our Front Office guest service training and will personally administer a refresher to ensure each staff member offers the same award winning customer service that you experienced with Sherlonda. I am also going to recognize Sherlonda's efforts at our upcoming rally.

Thanks also for providing feedback regarding the comfortable temperature of your sleeping room and our public space. This time of year it's very important that our guests can "beat the heat" whether it be in a room with icy-cool A/C, taking a dip in our pool, or by enjoying a refreshing cocktail in the Roundhouse Bar & Grill.

We hope you have the occasion to return to New Orleans and we'd consider it an honor to again have you as our guest.

All the best,

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We reserved this hotel online because we were having a family reunion in the area but didn't want to stay in relatives homes because of limited space. From the moment we arrived we loved it. The front staff was warm and friendly. She was new but was well trained even telling us about Priority club awards which we quickly became members. We ate all meals in the Round Restaurant on the ground floor. The food was wonderful.
I loved the exercise room and used it every Morning.
The cleaning staff was very friendly also. If I was not out of the room they just said no problem the would come and clean later and they did.
We will stay at the Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Towers again and again.

Room Tip: reserve online if possible. Plan ahead.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackie348
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Jackie,

Thanks so much for being our guest during your recent family reunion! Summertime in New Orleans is wonderful, and even better when you can share it with family and friends.

Your comments regarding Zara at the front desk will make her day. I'll be sure to recognize her during an upcoming rally. Although she has only been with us a short time, she has caught on very fast and has already made a huge impact.

I hope you had an opportunity to try our gumbo or hot ham and swiss poboy during your visits to the Round House bar and grill. We take great pride in our food and beverage offerings and I am pleased you enjoyed your meals.

Now that you are are a part of our family (by joining Priority Club) we'd love to have you back "home" again real soon. Please let me know when you return so I can thank you in person for such a lovely review.

Yours in hospitality,

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Now this is the type of hotel I like :)

It's brand new, modern, clean, with big room, flat TV and a great service.

It's located on the other side of Mississippi river than New Orleans, but it wil take you 5 minutes over the bridge to reach NO (and what a bridge this is!).

There was only one downside. Our room was not done after first night. I can understand that, as the hotel was fully occupied by the crowds for Sugar Bowl. However when I mentioned this at the reception, the manager-on-duty came to apologize personally and we were given breakfast coupons. I would say this is the way such things should be handled.

Overall - very nice stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 7dust
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Thanks so very much for posting your review. I am very pleased that you would rate our property as superb. We take great pride in not only the cleanliness and condition of our property but also the service provided by our staff.

I apologize that you experienced an issue with housekeeping services but it does make me feel good to know that our staff went the extra mile to make it right.

What a nice touch to include photos with your review!

Again, thanks for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!
Burlington, IA
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This was a solo vacation trip for myself since moving away in 1974 and I wanted my return visit to be memorable. I made my reservation online for the Holiday Inn Westbank New Orleans because of the location, cleanliness and value of this 4 star hotel from the other reviews I read online, the wireless internet, view and other amenities sold me and I was not disappointed. My stay was during the Memorial Holiday. The housekeeper for my room, Dionne, was excellent in cleaning my room and giving me directions to the free ferry and other places I wanted to go. I ate breakfast in the resturant one morning and the sausage was all gone from the buffet. The cook tending to the buffet cooked some for me and brought them hot to my table. The front desk reservationist were always courteous and helpful. Excellent service!!! I will return to New Orleans for another vacation and definitely stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Tell them to hold your room if you will be late
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Thanks for the taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us! We are always anxious to welcome former New Orleanians back home.

Your recognition of Dionne's service was highlighted in our morning staff meeting today and will be a focus during our all-associate rally later in the month. She is an outstanding team member and we are fortunate to work alongside her. We also appreciate you mentioning the efforts of our restaurant and front desk staff. We take great pride in our service and do whatever necessary to ensure all of our guests have a great experience.

I'd love the opportunity to meet and personally thank you during your next visit. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future. We look forward to seeing you again!

Dustin Floyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Central Business District
Garden District
Prytania Park
Prytania Park
#92 of 162 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower? Share your experiences!