“Stayed before our Cruise”

Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Gretna
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel before our cruise. We stayed on Nov. 2nd-4th for two nights. Met some friends there before leaving on our cruise on the 4th. The hotel was one of the best priced in the area for the weekend we stayed. Reaching the property driving through New Orleans was pretty easy by just following our GPS. We had asked for a riverview room up high and our room was on the 9th floor. The hotel seemed very nice and everyone was gracious. We even guided some friends from our hometown who were looking for a place to stay before their own cruise to the hotel and they were able to get a room. The room was large and clean with a nice view of the New Orleans skyline and the Port area. We ate in the hotel restaurant and received a discount for being a Priority Club member. The food was good, reasonably priced and the staff was accommodating to our group. There was a shopping mall within walking distance and an Ihop not much further away.
Although we chose to park our vehicle at the Port while on our cruise, another party in our group took advantage of the hotel's park and cruise package. The hotel did not have a shuttle to the Port so you had to take a cab. You did have to pay a toll charge of $1 to cross the bridge into New Orleans but this seemed reasonable enough. We could have chosen to ride the ferry across the river if we had wanted.
The room we had was quiet but some of the others in our party had rooms near the freeway and heard road noise from their rooms.
All in all, it was a nice, comfortable place to stay and would stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room up high with a river view. Mention that you are a Priority Club member for a discount...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony C
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

I am so very excited when a guest shares a great review on Trip Advisor but I am especially elated when the review comes from a valued Priority Club Member. Thanks so much for your business and kind words regarding our property.

Also I wanted to provide a special thank you for explaining the value of joining our Priority Club Rewards program. It is free to join and you earn points which can be used for free room nights, vacations, or merchandise. Along with earning valuable points we make sure to take EXTRA special care of you while on property including discounting your food and beverage purchases. With all the perks it's truly an excellent program and just a small way for us to say thank you for being a part of the Holiday Inn family.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our city.

I wish you and yours the best in 2013!

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Got there in time for opening, Had an issue with the air conditioner which was taken care of in a very timely manner, thank you. The breakfast was a warm buffet (eggs, sausage pieces with peppers,, some sort of cold potatoes, which were at one time hot)

One of the main reason we stayed there is free parking if you stay a night, you're eligible for free parking the length of your cruise. If the deal seems pricey, realize that parking alone is like $12.00 a day. Only drawback , need a cab to the terminal (about$15.00)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LizDD

First, thanks for your business, review, and pictures that you provided to the tripadvisor community.

You are right to highlight our great value for guests seeking lodging before a cruise. I trust you guys had a fantastic voyage and appreciate you bringing up the fact that we are only a short cab ride from the cruise terminal. With free parking we truly are a great value.

I'm disappointed that our food on the breakfast buffet was not the temperature you desired. We work hard to provide excellent food to our guests and with you it seems we missed the mark. If ever our guests receive less than our we will make it right or you don't pay - bottom line. Thanks for bringing the temperature issue to my attention as I will be monitoring it more closely going forward.

It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back before embarking on your next cruise. Please do contact me in advance as your next meal in the Roundhouse is on me so that we may redeem ourselves and demonstrate our mastery of New Orleans cuisine.

Thanks again for choosing us and have a terrific 2013!

At Your Service,

Reviewed 3 November 2012

The hotel is comfortable, and nice enough to stay in for work or something, but don't stay here if you are traveling to New Orleans for pleasure. You will spend a ton in cab fare, it makes more sense to just use that money to stay at a hotel in the quarter, it is really inconvenient to have to take a cab back and forth every time you need to go back to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda N
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thanks for your business and your review. I'm sorry that you found us to be further from your destination than you had hoped. Being located a short drive from the french quarter / downtown allows us great advantages such as more space to accommodate our free guest parking and a more calm environment than Bourbon Street,but admittedly it could prove to be inconvenient if you don't have a car at your disposal and are planning to make very frequent trips back and forth.

We're sorry we weren't exactly the right fit for your recent trip but do hope you'll keep us in mind when making future trips to the New Orleans area. Our staff will gladly assist in helping to find you the most cost effective transportation including the free Algiers ferry which transports passengers directly into the heart of downtown.

Thanks again for staying with us and taking the time to provide a review.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

We stayed from Oct 26th - Oct 29th at the Holiday Inn in Gretna. Check in was extremely easy and we were allowed to check in early. That was a nice perk since we had been in a car for 8 hours. The room was a nice size and was clean. Some of the furnishing had seen better days and there were stains and tears on lamp shades and the ottoman. The bathroom was also clean, but the room with the shower was very small. I had asked for a room with a city view, but was given a room near the expressway. The noise level from the expressway was very bothersome to us. If we had not been as tired as we were, I'm not sure how much sleep we would have gotten. We did not eat breakfast in the attached restaurant after we saw what was being offered for the price. We decided to go down the street to another restaurant. We did appreciate when we had our Do Not Disturb sign on the door that we were not bothered. The only other small issue was that the ice machine was not working on our floor and when I called the front desk I was told to try another floor. Our check out was very easy as well. The area was not easy to drive around. Over all I think next time we would pay the extra money to stay on the other side of the river.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the expressway
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angimus72

Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us. I am happy that our staff was able to accommodate your early check-in request after your long car ride. We work hard to make our "home" ready for you as quickly as possible in order that you can take a load off and enjoy all that the city has to offer. Regrettably, it sounds as though in order to satisfy your request you were given a room city-side which admittedly does have more noise than most of our other rooms. It also sounds like you got a room that needed more TLC from our staff before being made guest ready. We take very seriously our room prep and inspections and I am going to get to the bottom of why you were given a room that was not 100% guest ready prior to being "turned over" in the system. You deserve our very best and sadly this seems to be a time where we fell short. For that I apologize and invite you to contact me so we can discuss the issues further.

Guest satisfaction is my #1 priority. I invite all of our guests to reach out to me via my personal cellphone number listed in each guest room directory. I consider it a pleasure to speak with our guests and will do all in my power to ensure an excellent stay.

Thanks again for your review and for your business. We hope to again have the pleasure of serving you in the future.

At your service,

Reviewed 2 November 2012

The exterior, the lobby and the passages are clean and nice. The room was sufficiently large for two person that we were and was very clean and comfortable. If you have business in Baton Rough or such places then this is an ideal place to stay in. A bit far from Bourbon Street and French Quarters, ay $20 per ride to Downtown but nice ride. Walmart only a couple of miles away and well stocked and value for money.

The Round House Bar and Grill is a good place to chill out in. Its moderately priced, large helping coupled with great service is its asset. Definitely worth a visit if youre staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Insist on complimentary breakfast. It will make your day.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

I loved your picture outside our of our Roundhouse restaurant! Thanks so much for taking the time to highlight our location and the benefits of our on-site restaurant, The Roundhouse. We take our portions very seriously and are glad you found them to be a great value. I eat at our restaurant every day and I am yet to tire of our selection or portion size. I do hope you got to try our chicken fried steak, it's my favorite item on the menu. Ummm Chicken Fried Steak - Ok, sorry, I got lost in daydreams of chicken fried steak and white gravy, back to your review.

You covered an issue that is a HUGE deal to me, the appearance of our public space. Thanks so much for mentioning they were clean and nice. Ms. Carliss, our lobby ambassador does a terrific job of keeping our place looking tip-top and I'll mention to her you thought enough of the space to cover it in your review.

We do hope to see you on your next trip to the New Orleans area. Maybe we can catch-up and I'll have the opportunity to thank you in person and we can sit down to some Chicken Fried Steak in the Roundhouse! :)

Take good care,

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I travel a lot of work and find there are a few things that I regard as important. 1) Friendliness of staff, 2) cleanliness, 3) safety and 4) Parking. This was the first time I have stayed at this hotel and wanted to say that the hotel is older but nice and clean. The staff was super friendly. We felt safe and there was plenty of parking. We did not try the restaurant or bar and did not use any of the amenities such the excercise room, pool or sauna.

Over all it was great. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dpaul76

I am so excited to get such a great review from a savvy traveler. It thrills me that you took the time to highlight our great staff, clean rooms, and free parking. These are all areas where I believe we do truly shine. It's easy for us to provide these sort of accommodations when we get to serve great guests, such as yourself.

After the safety of our guests, the single most important issue to me is the cleanliness of our rooms. If you can't feel confident in a hotel's cleanliness then there is a huge problem. Thankfully this is an area where we excel and you pointing that out will certainly make my housekeeping staff feel great. I will make sure to recognize that team during our next all employee meeting.

Thanks so much for your very nice review and your business. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Very clean hotel and room. The room was large typical hotel room. Food ( room service) was excellent and great price. Parking safe. Price was too high for hotel. Would be excellent hotel at $140.00-150. But I guess due to lack of hotels in Gretna they can get prime price. Will either neg. lower price next time or stay somewhere else. If you are looking for clean this is your place.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from interstate. Could hear traffic all night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kairos444
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thanks for your business and for your review. I very much appreciate you highlighting the cleanliness of our rooms, safety of our parking, and quality of our food service. Our staff works very hard and it means the world when a guest goes out of their way to tell us they noticed and appreciate our efforts.

I understand your frustration with the costs of accommodations in the New Orleans metropolitan area. Unfortunately, at certain times of year due to large citywide conventions our prices do fluctuate up. I do wholeheartedly believe that if you compared our rates with those offered in the CBD you would find us a fantastic value. Not only are our rates generally lower we offer free parking and internet as well. These are perks not typical of all hotels in the city.

Regardless, I am certainly taking your feedback under advisement and we will certainly review it when setting future rate strategies with our corporate office. It is of the utmost importance to us that we are able to provide excellent accommodations at affordable rates. These are some of the founding principals of the Holiday Inn brand and we always work to keep that in mind.

Again, thanks so much for your business. There are many options in the greater New Orleans area and the fact that you chose us really means a lot. We will continue to work our hardest to win your business in the future.

Dustin Floyd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Central Business District
Garden District
Prytania Park
Prytania Park
#106 of 167 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower? Share your experiences!