“Very Noisy”

GreenLeadersBronze level
McKenzie, TN
“Very Noisy”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. But, it's one of the noisiest we've ever stayed out. It's right beside Interstate 10 and is nonstop noise all night and morning. We were on the 9th out if maybe 11 or 12 floors and it was still loud. A big plus to housekeeping. Someone did a wonderful job on our room everyday.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Hi Pam,

Thanks for your business and your review!

I apologize you experienced issues with the noise in the area. Due to our close proximity to downtown New Orleans a percentage of our city facing rooms do experience more noise. I encourage you to ask for a room on the quiet side during your next stay. Although you won't get the great views on the New Orleans skyline you will find the rooms to be quieter.

I really appreciate you reviewing your overall stay and mentioning your great impression of our housekeeping department. Our team does do a great job keeping our rooms squeaky clean and I'll make sure to pass along your kinds words to them.

Your business is important to us and I really appreciate you sharing your overall impression of our property with the Tripadvisor community. We do hope you'll keep us in mind for future stays in our area.

Dustin Floyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here for just one night after a horrible experience the night before at another hotel. It was worth every bit for the money too! We were impressed with the room size as there were 4 of us, very clean, smells clean too, beds were comfortable and the pillows and bedding were great. All the staff were nice and the laundry room was clean. There was no parking fee which is always a bonus. There is a nice variety of shopping stores just a couple minutes from here if you need anything. It also seemed very safe in this area. If we return, we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Quick31
To our friend from Missouri,

From everyone here at the Holiday Inn Westbank I want to thank you for your business and fantastic 5 star review!

I appreciate you pointing out the cleanliness of our rooms, friendliness of our staff, and free guest parking. This items are very important to future guests and your review will help other Tripadvisor users make their lodging choice.

Your business is important and I'm very proud we were able to provide you an excellent stay. We do hope you'll keep us in mind for the future and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just across the river from here, hotels will charge you $30 just to park. You won't have any extra fees here, and the rooms are fine. I've stayed here 8 times on business trips and never had a problem. If you're extremely sensitive to traffic noise, you might want to go elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Russell M
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi Russell,

I love to see a great review from a very valued frequent guest.

It's great that you pointed out the savings of our rooms vs. some of the downtown offerings due to the the parking savings of our property. We do offer free parking for all of our guests which could save you some real money, especially if you are planning a multi-night cruise.

We look forward to welcoming you back for stay #9 and beyond! We value your business and thanks again for your review!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After reading the reviews before our stay-- I was prepared for some possible issues.
I reserved 3 rooms in May 2014 online for my daughter's college graduation. Somehow the price I was quoted online did not transfer to my invoice with the hotel. I spoke with Teresa at the front desk and she advised I simply provide a copy of the email, which I pulled up on my phone. Ralph immediately took care of the adjustments even though 2 of the rooms were already checked out.

The rooms were nice and spacious and we had no issues. This was a very comfortable stay and I would most definitely return to this hotel.

If you have the breakfast vouchers, they are to be used in the hotel restaurant. We were a little confused on this--we thought there was a separate section for breakfast.

Our only issue was the construction that was going on in the area-- this made it difficult to enter the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shantelle_Lloyd
Greetings to Shantelle our friend from Houston,

Congratulations to your daughter for her recent graduation! We are proud we got to take part in the celebration and thank you for choosing us as your lodging provider for this very happy event.

We really appreciate not only your business but your very nice review. Sorry your room rate was not correct upon your arrival but I am extremely happy that Ralph and Teresa were able to get the issue resolved.

Thanks for pointing out our large, comfortable rooms. Future guests will appreciate you pointing out these facts.

Sorry about the construction going on in the area. The neighboring construction project has completed pile driving so future guests should not experience such issues.

We appreciate your business and the time spent reviewing our property. We value your feedback and will use it to improve.

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is clean and efficient. The staff is amazing in accommodating the guests. The location is very convient to downtown New Orleans and the local interstate highways. I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions. The Round House Bar and Grill's food has always been tasty with good variety. As off this month, May 2014, the menu offerings have been cut to almost no selection. Additionally, it's a bar and grill; the finger foods that one might expect in a sports oriented bar have been taken from the appitizer menu, i.e. mozzarella sticks. There are many places to eat that are very close to the hotel. My recommendation would be to stay at a very well run Holiday Inn and find another place to eat if your stay is more than one day.

Room Tip: The rooms that face away from the Westbank expressway are quieter traffice-wise. The hotel has neve...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank huzurlu
HolidayInnWestbank, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hi Huzurlu,

Thanks for your business and your honest review!

I appreciate you mentioning our hotel is clean, staff amazing, location convenient, and tasty food in the Roundhouse. I appreciate you pointing out all of the things you are happy with even though you had some feedback on an area you'd like to see improved.

In regards to the menu change in the Roundhouse - I've have noted your feedback and I understand we have improvements to make. Nothing is more important or valuable than the feedback of our valued guests who pay good money to stay with us. I can tell the changes we made to the menu has frustrated you and for that I apologize. I will offer no excuses only the explanation that the cost of some of the deleted menu items had increased so dramatically since our last menu revision that the choice was made to eliminate select poor selling items in order to keep costs as low as possible. That has not been the best decision and several of our treasured regular guests have mentioned they didn't like the change. Due to this we have modified our daily specials in order that they change everyday and we have brought back several menu items including the Chicken Fajita Wrap, Roast Beef Po-boy, and mozzarella sticks you mentioned in the form of a changing daily special. Our plan is to continue to monitor sales and add back the most popular items as well as some new additions in our upcoming menu revision this summer. Sorry for the amount of detail in my reply but it's important that you understand I take your feedback very seriously and will improve our offerings based upon your review.

You are correct, there are not only many restaurant offerings in the area but many lodging providers and we consider it an honor when guests choose us. Its not an honor we take lightly and it's our goal that all guests leave us happy with plans of future bookings at our property. Again, we thank you for your business and do hope you'll keep us in mind for future travels to the New Orleans area.

Yours in hospitality,

Clinton, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a five day trip planned in New Orleans. My husband was sick when we arrived, and got worse as the vacation progressed. The staff was wonderful. They were beyond courteous and friendly. They even printed out directions to the urgent care facility. The room was great, the bed very comfortable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen W
Hi Ellen,

First, I do hope your husband has made a full and speedy recovery. There's never a good time to be under the weather but especially not during a vacation. I'm glad to know our staff responded with compassion and helped you locate an area urgent care facility.

I thank you for your business and review. Your mentioning of our comfortable beds and great guestrooms will help future travelers in making lodging choices in the area.

Your business means everything to us and I'm glad you could see it in the service we provided. Please do keep us in mind for future bookings and do let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The west bank doesn't have a great number of hotels but the top floor city view room of this hotel is one of the best in the area. The roundhouse restaurant has decent food and it has always been a pleasurable experience at check in/out .

Room Tip: Get a top floor city view room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jason C
Jason,

Thanks for your business and very kind review. We appreciate your vote as "Best on the Westbank!"

I appreciate you highlighting our unmatched views of the city and our on-site restaurant the Roundhouse.

It's loyalty from customers such as yourself that makes us a success, so again I'd like to mention how much I appreciate you and your business. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best,

Dustin Floyd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Central Business District
Garden District
Prytania Park
Prytania Park
#102 of 164 in New Orleans

Been to Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower? Share your experiences!