“"Professionally Handled"”

Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed 27 July 2014

During our stay, we had an altercation with an employee about the pool. We had family that was close by that came. They visited and swam with us in pool. The employee rudely told my family to get out of pool, but didn't explain "why". Management intervened and handled the situation in a professional and courteous manner explaining to us the reason! My family and I stay here @ least 6 times every year, since my family lives in the area. We have NOT EVER been disappointed! The amenities are GREAT, for the most part, the employees treat you like family-I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Glenda H, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

We were delighted to receive your review and thank you for taking time to drop this note.

I am happy that we were able to work with you and know that you did have a great time visiting with your family during your visit. We do apologize for the little difficulty you had with one of our staff members. I assure you that the matter was handled promptly with him.

Again, we thank you and look forward to being of service to you and your family again on your next visit to Hammond.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel was very good for the price we got a room for. Breakfast was excellent and service was great. Will stay there again if passing through. Workers were very helpful. Rooms were not excellent but did get it for only 62.00.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for taking time to write a review for us.

I was happy to hear that your visit was comfortable and that you did enjoy our breakfast as well as the service of our staff.

We appreciate your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great location!!! My husband and I were on our way to New Orleans from Texas, and I said "Hey Jimmy! I'm tired!" So we were lucky enough to have gotten a coupon book at the rest area earlier that day. Located right off of I-12 and I-55, we were able to head straight to New Orleans the following morning. Awesome lobby! Staff was courteous and accommodating. Shanell was very pleasant and cheerful at checkout and really made us feel appreciated to have given the hotel our business. The rooms were clean and very accommodating for the price, and FREE hot breakfast! Ask to stay in towards the front of the hotel though, as it is pretty spread out. Definitely will be staying here again next time we head east to visit family. :-)

Room Tip: Rooms toward the front of the hotel are quieter and closer to the breakfast in the morning.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I was happy to hear that your experience during your visit to our hotel was a great one.

We do strive to make all of our guests comfortable so that their visits are enjoyable. Guest Service is our top priority here at the Magnuson Grand Hotel in Hammond.

Again, we thank you for your review and your business.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

If customer service & friendly atmosphere is high priority on your list then this is the place for you. My experience was great from the bed pillows to breakfast served in the morning. Beautiful lobby, nice meeting facility & pretty remodeled rooms. Staff was very friendly & accommodating. If Hammond ,LA is on your destination this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The exterior rooms are still being remodeled. Choose to stay interior rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nanette F

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel.

It gives us a great deal of pleasure to know that we did meet our goal of Great Guest Service for you during your visit.

We do appreciate your visit and look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

Respectfully.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This older but beautifully restored hotel is charming. The personel are great and friendly. We had a wonderful stay there. What a nice place to spend the day/night! Close to restaurants and local attractions. The real crystal chandelier is a beaut!

Room Tip: Located in a small town, Hammond, Louisiana, the stay was well worth the drive. Great personnel made...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gregginsarasota

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted to know that my staff and I met your expectations of our hotel. We do strive for excellent guest service.

We do try to train our staff members to anticipate and meet our guest needs and we are always happy when we meet our goals.

Thank you again and we are certainly happy that your visit was most enjoyable. Please be sure to call when we can be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great place. Lobby was awesome -pool and spa great. room was clean, spacious,and quiet. I don't know why so many people trashed this hotel in their reviews. I stayed in a major chain for a10 day conference last summer - paid 3 times as much and was treated terrible. I wish I could have stayed here! This will definitely be one of our way stations in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. It is always great to hear from our guests. We do strive for excellent guest service. and try very hard to rectify a situation if someone is not completelhy satisfied.

We are truly hapy that you had such a great experience and we look forward to a return visit from you in the near future.

Please call when we can be of service to you.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel was empty, maybe 2 cars in the parking lot.

The employee "Tim" was very rude and said my booking was not confirmed by Priceline and it was sent back- I didnt get charged.. dude what are you talking about?! I paid for the room 2 months before!

He was very rude and didnt care at all.

I called priceline and they told me YES it was confirmed!
Priceline called the hotel and Tim said sorry we have no rooms available.. so after 35 mins on the telephone they were able to book me a different hotel.

Later that night I called the hotel and a woman answered.. I played dumb and asked "do you have any rooms available?" she said she had lots available.

Wow.

Im sure I will get the manager commenting on this..trying to pretend like its not their fault but seriously dont even bother, people DONT use priceline to book this hotel.. they dont even care about your booking

The parking lot makes you feel like you're in the ghetto too by the way.

Thanks Priceline for fixing up their screw up.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JonFromPeg
Joey F, General Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Sir, I am a new manager here at the Magnuson Hotel in Hammond just being on board for 2 days.
I just read your review and wish to offer my sincerest apology for your experience. Unfortunately I really don't have enough information with regards to dates , etc so that I could do some research in order to answer ytour complain properly. However, I did want to offer my apology. You can be assured that I will certainly speak with the desk clerk with regards to you comments.

I am at least happy to hear that Priceline was ablle to help you and get you set in a hotel.
We have been partners with Priceline for sometime and have always had a good working relationship together.

Again, Sir my sincere apologies- I can assure you the experience you describe is not the standard for our hotel. We strive for great guest service.

Glenda Hunter, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ponchatoula/Hammond
Courtyard Hammond
Courtyard Hammond
#5 of 17 in Hammond

Been to Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond? Share your experiences!