“What a disappointment”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the first time I have ever written a review on the internet. I felt this was such a disappointment that I needed to advise future consumers of my experience. I stayed at this hotel on 6/20/14. First off we entered the room and the TV did not work. We called the front desk and about thirty minutes later an employee showed up and disconnected the cable and plug it back in and said if that didn't fix it to call him back (he didn't hang around to see if it would fix it). It didn't fix it so we called him back and he said to enter a code and see if it would fix it. When it didn't fix it again he said he would be back to take care of it. We had to leave for about 5 hours and when we got back it still did not work. Second we had no hot water at the lavatory sink in the bedroom. Third, the walls in the bathroom were filthy particularly around the light switch. Fourth, the window looking out of our room was very dirty. Finally the worst thing of all was walking around the room without socks on and then getting in the shower and after turning the water on seeing the filth from the bottom of my feet coming off in the tub. The carpet must have been filthy. I spent $164 after taxes for this room and expect much better than this for that price point. I have never been this disappointed in any Holiday Inn and generally trust them to provide me with a quality place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank teacherfwb
Brandon P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I do apologize for your experience at our hotel. If you'd like to contact me, I will be more than happy to discuss your stay.

Brandon J. Phares

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Durant, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Florida. They weren't able to give me a AAA or ARP rooms available. Talked me into the room with the breakfast buffet. Because I am a gold club member I was given free drink tickets 2-since they couldn't accommodate my rate preference. Went to eat at the restaurant and redeem out tickets. Was told then the tickets were only good for a draft beer or house wine. Great, I'll have a red and my husband will have a draft. Sorry, we only have white and our draft machine is not working. So I took a white and my husband took a bottle of beer. After a while they got the draft machine working so he was able to redeem his ticket. Our food came, I had instant mashed potatoes and the "grilled" catfish was swimming in a thin sauce. Yuck. My husband had the shrimp quesadillas, which were surprisingly tasty. His dinner came with a brownie sundae- but low and behold the ice cream machine was broken. For compensation. They gave us a free desert. A price if key lime pie. I told the server I couldn't have dairy and he assured me there was no milk in it. Wrong. When the check came we were charged for the wine and the draft that we had tickets for. Never again at this place. The hotel itself seemed fine except for not having any AAA or AARP rooms but stay away from the restaurant.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeachBatik
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Please accept my profound apology for a less than perfect stay. I would really like to speak with you directly as this review has me concerned on so many levels. We do honor both the triple A and AARP discounts, so you can imagine my concern that you were told differently. As for what you encountered in the restaurant, again I am sorry and have no excuse or words sufficient to convey. My eyebrow went up when I read about the ice cream machine being broken as we do not have one, not sure what that was about.

Again, please contact me directly at the hotel. Obviously, I have questions regarding your experience that I want to get to the bottom of.

Mabank
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was the first time we stayed at the hotel but it will not be the last. The room was very comfortable. The bed and pillow were great. Everyone was so nice. What a find. Wish they had breakfast included.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being so kind as well. We are so grateful you found us too. As for breakfast included, we do offer it with certain rate levels now. It is our goal to listen to our guests and honor requests when we can.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if I can be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Alabama
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wife and I stayed here going to and coming back from visiting family. Elegant lobby and restaurant. The room was large with a fridge and a microwave. The staff was very professional and nice. We ate breakfast there thinking it would be overpriced. The prices were comparable to Cracker Barrell and IHop and the portions were large. A nice surprise! But- we stayed on the side of the property that was near a train. Even with the ac set on high all night we heard the train early evening and in the middle of the night. This was the only problem and did not stop us from staying there twice.

Room Tip: A train passes close enough to hear early evening and around 3:0am. You might ask for a room on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and restaurant. We really appreciate you making the effort and the kind words. It is our goal to provide each and every guest an exceptional experience and we sincerely hope that was the case with your stay.

If we can ever be of service to you again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hotel is a common stop during my travels. The people who run this hotel are all great people and work hard to take care of you. The food in the restaurant is very good. I make it a point to eat there at least once during my stay. One recommendation is to request a room opposite of the train tracks if you a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite end of the building from the train tracks
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to say such positive things. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness. It is our goal to provide exceptional service as well as product and we are glad we did not fall short of that goal during your stay.

If I can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With warm regards,
Bernalillo, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 December 2013

After being stuck in a major Thanksgiving-Eve traffic jam, we were grateful for a good night's sleep in a comfortable hotel. We were greeted warmly, and noted that there was a little wine, beer, soda, appetizer reception going on for guests in the lobby. Our room was quite spacious and well-equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable, with high quality bedding. My only complaint was that the wifi didn't seem to work very good. There's a restaurant and bar on the property but no included breakfast. There are a lot of restaurants in the area to choose from, as well as all kinds of shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you so very much for that great review! We always appreciate feedback from our guests. It is very nice of you to take the time to write and to say so many nice things. Too often it is easier to pass on the positive and take to the pen on the negative. We are really grateful that our guests feel driven to take the time to write when they have a good experience.

With warm regards,
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Its new. rooms are lovely, free wi-fi. As a Holiday inn member breakfast is free and is good. Staff is wonderful. has the amenities. Tons of restaurants around it and a mall across the street.
Did not hear anything in anyone else s room.

Room Tip: Its set BACk from the street so don't worry . In fact from the street all you see is the holiday...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review. It is our goal to provide excellent service as well as product and I am pleased that we were able to provide that for you. It means a lot to us when our guests are happy enough to put it out there for the world to see....humbling too.

If I can ever be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.