Holiday Inn Hammond
US$69
Priceline
Colonial Inn(Hammond)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrailroad tracksfront deskthe air conditioner worked greatrestaurant stafffew dollarsi highly recommend this hotelamazing hoteltake careconference roomup to datesouthern hospitalitysized bedcheck in was easyflat screenchecking outfast foodroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is the first time I have ever written a review on the internet. I felt this was such a disappointment that I needed to advise future consumers of my experience. I stayed at this hotel on 6/20/14. First off we entered the room and the TV did not work. We called the front desk and about thirty minutes later an employee showed up and disconnected the cable and plug it back in and said if that didn't fix it to call him back (he didn't hang around to see if it would fix it). It didn't fix it so we called him back and he said to enter a code and see if it would fix it. When it didn't fix it again he said he would be back to take care of it. We had to leave for about 5 hours and when we got back it still did not work. Second we had no hot water at the lavatory sink in the bedroom. Third, the walls in the bathroom were filthy particularly around the light switch. Fourth, the window looking out of our room was very dirty. Finally the worst thing of all was walking around the room without socks on and then getting in the shower and after turning the water on seeing the filth from the bottom of my feet coming off in the tub. The carpet must have been filthy. I spent $164 after taxes for this room and expect much better than this for that price point. I have never been this disappointed in any Holiday Inn and generally trust them to provide me with a quality place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank teacherfwb
Brandon P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

I do apologize for your experience at our hotel. If you'd like to contact me, I will be more than happy to discuss your stay.

Brandon J. Phares

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Florida. They weren't able to give me a AAA or ARP rooms available. Talked me into the room with the breakfast buffet. Because I am a gold club member I was given free drink tickets 2-since they couldn't accommodate my rate preference. Went to eat at the restaurant and redeem out tickets. Was told then the tickets were only good for a draft beer or house wine. Great, I'll have a red and my husband will have a draft. Sorry, we only have white and our draft machine is not working. So I took a white and my husband took a bottle of beer. After a while they got the draft machine working so he was able to redeem his ticket. Our food came, I had instant mashed potatoes and the "grilled" catfish was swimming in a thin sauce. Yuck. My husband had the shrimp quesadillas, which were surprisingly tasty. His dinner came with a brownie sundae- but low and behold the ice cream machine was broken. For compensation. They gave us a free desert. A price if key lime pie. I told the server I couldn't have dairy and he assured me there was no milk in it. Wrong. When the check came we were charged for the wine and the draft that we had tickets for. Never again at this place. The hotel itself seemed fine except for not having any AAA or AARP rooms but stay away from the restaurant.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachBatik
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Please accept my profound apology for a less than perfect stay. I would really like to speak with you directly as this review has me concerned on so many levels. We do honor both the triple A and AARP discounts, so you can imagine my concern that you were told differently. As for what you encountered in the restaurant, again I am sorry and have no excuse or words sufficient to convey. My eyebrow went up when I read about the ice cream machine being broken as we do not have one, not sure what that was about.

Again, please contact me directly at the hotel. Obviously, I have questions regarding your experience that I want to get to the bottom of.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was the first time we stayed at the hotel but it will not be the last. The room was very comfortable. The bed and pillow were great. Everyone was so nice. What a find. Wish they had breakfast included.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for being so kind as well. We are so grateful you found us too. As for breakfast included, we do offer it with certain rate levels now. It is our goal to listen to our guests and honor requests when we can.

We look forward to your next stay with us and if I can be of service to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wife and I stayed here going to and coming back from visiting family. Elegant lobby and restaurant. The room was large with a fridge and a microwave. The staff was very professional and nice. We ate breakfast there thinking it would be overpriced. The prices were comparable to Cracker Barrell and IHop and the portions were large. A nice surprise! But- we stayed on the side of the property that was near a train. Even with the ac set on high all night we heard the train early evening and in the middle of the night. This was the only problem and did not stop us from staying there twice.

Room Tip: A train passes close enough to hear early evening and around 3:0am. You might ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the train.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and restaurant. We really appreciate you making the effort and the kind words. It is our goal to provide each and every guest an exceptional experience and we sincerely hope that was the case with your stay.

If we can ever be of service to you again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hotel is a common stop during my travels. The people who run this hotel are all great people and work hard to take care of you. The food in the restaurant is very good. I make it a point to eat there at least once during my stay. One recommendation is to request a room opposite of the train tracks if you a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite end of the building from the train tracks
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Gretchen T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hammond, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to say such positive things. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness. It is our goal to provide exceptional service as well as product and we are glad we did not fall short of that goal during your stay.

If I can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

With warm regards,