“Bring your earplugs!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
“Bring your earplugs!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Noisy beyond belief. From paper thin walls permitting every sound from your neighbors to permeate, to squeaky door hinges on the bathroom that prohibit silent entry and egress late at night resulting in all your family being awakened, to air conditioning units that awaken you each time they cycle on and without the capability to turn the fan on "continuous" in order to drown out all the noise.

The staff however was courteous and the overall hotel seemed clean.
Parking is ample and in good location to local shopping is good as well.

• Stayed February 2012
LQHAMMONDGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. We try to make every guest feel as if this is an extension of their own homes. I want you to know that I have brought your comments up with our maintenance team and with the owners and we are working hard to correct the problems that you went through during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

This La Quinta rates excellent in all areas. First of all, it is easy to get to, which after a long day of traveling is always nice. No long detours through traffic and city streets to get to your hotel. Upon my arrival I was greeted by smiling and courteous front desk personnel. My room was very clean, and comfortable. House keeping and maintenance obviously stay on top of things here! I travel often and this was the cleanest and best kept hotel I have been to in quite some time. Everyone on staff I encountered during my stay was professional and pleasant. Customer service is obviously stressed by management, and it shows in both attitude and effort. Even the wifi was easy to connect to and had good signal strength. The rates are excellent, especially considering the quality of staff and service. You will not find a better place to stay in the Hammond area. Quite possibly the entire north shore!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

In the past my stays with LaQuinta have been wonderful and this trip was no exception. The service was excellent from even before my arrival (had to call for directions!) and continued throughout my stay. Was only a short NYE trip but the room was amazingly clean and very tastefully furnished for the affordable price paid. I will definately be staying at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond on future trips. Thanks guys for an awesome overnight stay!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeanLC
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

We selected this Hammond, LA location based on the location and the positive reviews we had read. All were true. The inn even smelled new! The room, pool and breakfast were all great. The only problem was that our wifi devices would not connect to the house wifi system.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank FlyingMike
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

This hotel a was very pleasant place to stay. My wife and chose here to stay on our anniversary to get away from the kids for a little peace and take a dip in the pool. The pool was nice, must have been a salt water filter system which is easy on the eyes and doesnt have that strong chlorine smell like most hotel pools. The decor of the rooms was wonderful with nice soft beds. Only complaints I have is the walls must be paper thin, can hear TVs and talking in adjacent rooms. Also the AC in the room we had didn't cool very well. Had set at lowest setting and only kept it mild at best. Wasn't too bad, just worth noting. We were in one of the king business suites on second floor. Other than that, everything was great. The desk staff were pleasant and greated us every passing.

• Stayed July 2011
LQHAMMONDGM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review, we always love positive feedback from the guests that stay here as it gives us a sense of what we are doing well and where we could improve. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of how thin the walls are and the fact that you could hear the TV in the next room. Currently we are looking into ways that will reduce the noise that travels between walls, but as of now have not found the right approach. To answer the question of the pool, yes we do have a salt water filter and yes it is for those same reasons that you mentioned. Once again we thank you for filling out a review and we hope to see you soon.

Thanks Management
Rockwall, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

The title sums it up... It can be very challenging for a family of 5 traveling with a 100 pound dog to find a nice, safe, reasonable place to bed down, but we found it here. Great choice... we'll definitely stay there again if we're in that neck of the woods! ;)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LtColRiley
LQHAMMONDGM, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hammond, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Thanks so much for your positive feedback! We strive very hard to make our guests have an enjoyable stay and I am glad to to see you did! If you are ever in our area again we would be honored to be "here for you" again!
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is absolutely the best hotel stay I have had in a long time. It is such a treat to leave the comforts of your home and wake up and forget that you were not there. The staff was just so wonderful to speak and interact with, and the feeling that they left me and my wife with was just that they cared about our well being and really went the extra mile to make us feel at home and welcomed. I felt assured and settled in that I made the right choice with LaQuinta. Every hotel has a room for you to stay in but not every hotel has the staff and the attitude that this one has. I will definitely spend many more nights here as we travel that way all the time to see our son.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SoulFire20-9
Yes! We strive to be a comfortable & friendly home away from home. We are glad you chose to be part of our LQ family.