“A small romantic sadly ruined by this hotel”

Lexington Inn - Hammond
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Marrero, Louisiana
“A small romantic sadly ruined by this hotel”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Well my husband and I decided we would give this hotel a try after reading some of the good reviews. We quickly realized that we were sadly mistaken.We made reservations over a month in advance, for the afternoon of Valentines day. We thought check in would go smooth and quick.Well, It took about 40 minutes to check in because the people in front of us didn't have reservations. So I over heard the people in front of us say they want a room with two full size beds, but all she had left was one king size bed room. Okay, so we finally check in, go to the room, and realize she gives us a room with two full size beds (we reserved a King size room of course). I guess she didn't know what she was doing. So we go back ask for a king size room and are told all she has is a handicap accessible room, so I guess she gave our room to the people in front of us. We get to that room, and everything seemed fine until my husband decides he wants to take a shower. The floor of the shower had a large hole in the fiberglass that was only covered by the grip tape. This hole in the shower was not only unappealing, but being in a handicap bathroom, could also be very dangerous. Also there was no bathmat and the shower head would always point toward the floor causing a large puddle, which would be easy for a handicap person to slip in. Not to mention the AC was HORRIBLE! It was very hot in our room because the AC kept turning off by itself all night, even though we had the setting on constant, not auto cool. I kept having to get up in the middle of the night to turn the air off wait a couple seconds and turn it back on. Along with the rock hard mattress that we had to sleep on, this night was far from a small romantic getaway. On a good note, the hotel was decently clean.Room 103.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whitney S
Andy P, Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thanks for taking time and reviewing our Hotel. I sincerely apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We will take every action to improve on your comments. We already started to install new tub in that room. That was the only room we did not install new tub because it was a walk In Handicap shower and was in good shape. Some one must have damage that tub recently, Since it was under the non-slip mat it was not visible. Sorry it ruined your day but please give us a chance to make up to it. Your next stay will be on us please email me at( lexington innhammond@yahoo.com)when you plan to come to Hammond. Once again Sorry for your inconvenience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Very clean rooms and friendly staff. They have best morning hot delux breakfast. The pool is very neat and clean. Very safe place. Front desk staff is very helping. I would suggest you to stay there. I will go again and again.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I went there for my friend graduation. My friend recommended me this hotel. I loved it. The rooms were clean, staffs were very helpful and friendly....... I would definitely recommend this place tto everyone.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was meeting some family for a vacation to Florida, and choose this place mainly for its access to the interstate. The place is in process of remodeling, but that was a non issue for us. The staff was amazing. Tosha in particular! The rooms were very modern and clean. If I should come through here again, I'll definitely choose this Lexington Inn.

• Stayed April 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel used to be a Best Western which I had stayed in many times. Then, it was clean and well managed and was a good value. My last visit was TOTALLY different. The hotel changed names and owners, and is a DUMP. My room was the dirtiest I ever stayed in. It smelled like someone had been frying fish while smoking cheap cigars. The parking lot was setup like a makeshift soccer field by some workers who were staying at the hotel and there were some shady folks outside making noise from the drinkIng and partying in the parking lot all night The one employee I saw was the janitor, maintainance, front desk, and breakfast cook. I think her kids lived there too, since they were running all around It smelled like dead fish in the lobby.

BEWARE!!!!!! The old ratings are deceptive.

• Stayed December 2012
lexingtoninnhammondl, Webmaster at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Lexington Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We also appreciate your review and observations.

We have investigated the happening and taken the appropriate steps to improve every area you have mentioned and should match or even better your previous franchisee experience.

We have taken all the steps to ensure that our guests get the best services and hospitality during their stay.

We look forward to see you at our hotel again and feel the new experience of hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Hammond hotels

Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay and this will be my hotel of choice when everytime I come in town!
The room itself was clean and very neat. I also noticed that they were upgrading some of the rooms and mine was the recent one. I loved the modern look of the room and it seemed more spacious.

• Stayed June 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed for one night at the Best Western University in an “over-sized” king room. I am completely baffled how this hotel ever rated four stars….The most I can muster is three-if one could award half stars, I would really rate this property a 2.5.

Our first room sported an outdated color scheme and an elevated tiled section with a table and chairs. The bathroom appeared dirty; we tried to wipe the floor but the stains did not come up, suggesting they are permanent. There were no bath towels in the bathroom upon arrival. The overall ambiance was dingy and “tired.” The room would not lock, so we asked to move to another room.

I would classify the staff and customer service as “neutral,” not remarkable, but not horrible either. Our new room was a renovated accessible room with a roll-in shower and tub bench. The “renovation” consisted of new paint, fixtures and laminate flooring-all low quality. The hotel brags about the “new” mattresses. I don’t know the birthdate of our mattress, but I can confirm it was hard and the sheets and blankets were thin and scratchy. All towels were thin and worn. The air conditioner was functional at best-we slept poorly due to the heat and humidity throughout the night.

The hotel is in a geographical area close to I-55. There are several chain restaurants and gas stations close by. We selected this hotel over other properties because of the higher Trip Advisor rating. I would NOT recommend this hotel. I didn’t feel comfortable in the geographical area: all rooms are accessed from the exterior of the building and the surrounding area was commercial and run down. In summary, although functional, the room and service were mediocre at best and for the price, we have stayed at nicer, cleaner and more geographically desirable properties in Hammond.

Room Tip: All rooms are accessed from the exterior of the building. Advise avoiding rooms right by the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
lexingtoninnhammondl, Webmaster at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting. I regret that we didn’t make a better impression on you. We focus on providing a great guest experience along with an exceptional value, and I apologize that the color scheme and other aspects of the rooms were not to your liking. We take great pride in this hotel as well as our neighborhood and are always working to make the experience nicer. I hope you will try us again and see that we get better with each passing day.

Hotel Manager