“Never Again”

Hammond Budget Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 June 2006

The entire hotel smells like smoke. You can hear every sound coming from the adjacent rooms. Our room was filthy - garbage was already in the garbage can; used towels were in the bathroom; the floors were dirty. I have never felt compelled to write a hotel review - until now. I wanted to leave, but it was 9:30 at night when we checked in and as I had already scoured the internet for hotel availability I knew we wouldn't have much luck finding a room. I now wish we had stayed in a hotel in a neighboring town.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Hammond Budget Inn

Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 March 2006

We stayed Friday and Saturday (3/17 &18) nights. There is a bar at one end of the building with live music both nights. We could hear the thumping go on until all hours. Things in our room were rattling from the sound.
Each morning the parking lot and lobby was littered with trash from the bar. Room was rather dingy - but probably because Katrina refugees in residence for several months.
Parking lot full of bar patrons each night and they would stroll down the hallway drunk and loud on their way to the parking lot. Somebody puked in the hallway. Lots of people hanging out in the parking lot each night.
A few displaced Katrina/FEMA people still in residence and they treat the facility like it is a college dormitory - room doors propped open and hollering to one another across the hallways. I do have sympathy for their plight, however normal hotel etiquette is sorely lacking.
On the plus side:
We chose this facility because it is pet-friendly. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2006

First of all I am not the kind of person that complaint, but this Hotel is the worst I've ever seen the rooms are terrible. The service is terrible. I stayed at this Hotel for a week and I begged for clean sheets to be put on my bed... it never happen the "Head Housekeeper" told me that no one was allowed to get clean sheet everyday and that they changed sheets only once a week and that would be on a thursday before they could change the sheets. Now you might be saying to yourself... thats no big deal but consider the the sheets dirty when I checked into the room. Please don't check into this Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans, La.
Reviewed 30 July 2004

We had to wait until after 4:00 p.m. to check in. Our rooms were not ready. The rooms were not cleaned daily. Management was very nasty. Staff told us they are not to change the beds daily but at the end of your stay. The pool was not accessible the first day we were there. The continental breakfast was not available. The refrigerator and microwave was pulled from the room and I was charged an additional fee to get them back. The hallways had an odor that smelled like stale smoke even though there were no smoking signs all over the place. The carpewt was horribly stained and did not look like it had been cleaned since it was installed.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hazlehurst, MS
Reviewed 6 July 2004

When we first arrived at the hotel, we were given one of the rooms that wasn't clean and the bed wasn't made up, and in one of the rooms that was given to us, people were still staying there. We didn't have a refrigerator or microwave in the room. All the plugs didn't work and two of the lights didn't work. We couldn't call out locally on the phone. We did not enjoy the continental breakfast that was served.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Hammond hotels
Colonial Inn
#3 of 17 in Hammond
Days Inn Hammond
Days Inn Hammond
#6 of 17 in Hammond

Been to Hammond Budget Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hammond Budget Inn

Address: 42309 S Morrison Blvd, I-55 at Exit 28, Hammond, LA 70403-6615 (Formerly Red Roof Inn & Suites Hammond)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Hammond
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Price Range: £41 - £130 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Hammond Budget Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hammond Budget Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rockwood Hotel Hammond