“Excellent Hotel Accommodations”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harahan
Metairie, United States
“Excellent Hotel Accommodations”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was really nice and the staff were very helpful. We booked this hotel for our wedding festivities. My finance stayed the night before our wedding and we stayed the night after. We had the king size suite with whirlpool tub, and it was awesome! Definitely would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My sons baseball team stayed at this location for a tournament last weekend. Crystal was extremely helpful and flexible as all 20 families booked their reservations. She set up our group rate and even a web page where everyone could book online. Once we arrived the hotel was in a great location and a very safe part of town. There were all types of restaurants in walking distance. The rooms were perfect, the hot breakfast was great and they even made breakfast to go bags for our boys every morning with fruit, muffins, water and a breakfast bar. Jackie, who was working breakfast, even helped us as we made peanut butter sandwiches for our boys to have at lunch. Everyone here is kind, responsive and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again next time we travel to NOLA.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hawaii
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here when we got married in New Orleans for a short stay and booked rooms for our relatives. I thought it looked clean and it is very convenient to the airport and restaurants. That night, 2 bus loads of high band members stayed and it was a nightmare and extremely embarrassing that we brought family to stay here. It was noisy and kids were all over on the floors of the hallway. We were told they couldn't do anything about it.

We were recently in town for 2 nights and I thought I would give it another try. Again, the lobby and breakfast area looked very clean and comfortable. Wrong again. First, we had barely luke warm water to shower. They said they had a problem but it was fixed. I did not want the maintenance man to come in, it was late and we were tired but I succumbed. He gave excuses and I kept saying that the problem had to be the boiler, not the faucet. Next, I noticed that the carpet looked very dirty. I wet a face rag and wipe it. There was so much dirt it was disgusting. I did the same on the tile floor in the bathroom because my shoes were sticking (I NEVER go bare feet in hotel rooms) again, the floor was filthy! The morning we left, we got a knock on the door at 8AM from housekeeping!!

I will never stay here again and have my doubts about Hilton and Hampton Inns now. I DO NOT recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hulamoon
Jennifer P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with other guests. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience through training and security and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was very impressed with the quality and beauty of the facilities. The pool was simple but lovely. The rooms were clean and comfy. But more than all that, I was impressed by the kindness and the thoughtfullness of the staff. They were wonderful!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Nolensville, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Checked in to Hampton Inn after a bad experience at a La Quinta in Metairie. I found the staff extremely helpful and they were able to accommodate us earlier that the check-in time. Very clean and fresh as expected--Thanks!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Walker, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is an excellent place to stay in the New Orleans area if you are on business. Everyone else is in the french quarter and you can relax. Not the place to go if you want to get your drink on, but definitely the place if you want quiet in New Orleans.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

West Palm Beach, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I will defiantly not stay here again. This is by far the poorest condition of any Hilton branded hotel that I have been to. The bed was very old and very uncomfortable. the shower enclosure was cracked and had black matter embedded in the cracks. The lobby was nice but I did not spend much time there. The staff members were nice and attentive but were unable to change my room. The halls were not kept clean as you would expect from a Hilton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harahan
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie
Garden District
Hampton Inn New Orleans - St Charles Ave / Garden District
Arts District / Warehouse District
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area

Property: Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area
Address: 5150 Mounes St, Harahan, LA 70123-3408 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Harahan
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harahan
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area 2.5*
Ideally situated in beautiful Harahan, Louisiana, Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood offers sophisticated traditional guest rooms and extended-stay suites near the area's top attractions. The hotel is located just 6 miles from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, minutes from downtown New Orleans, the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, the French Quarter, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Harrah's Casino, and Audubon Nature Institute. Within our spacious, beautifully appointed guest rooms, you'll discover a wealth of contemporary amenities. We also feature free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, a sparkling outdoor pool, premium business facilities and a 24-hour Pavilion Pantry Market and Suites Shop. Enjoy an ideal blend of location, modern conveniences and Southern hospitality, when you center your Big Easy adventure at our hotel near downtown New Orleans. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood Hotel Harahan