Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harahan
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Hampton Elmwood. It is hard to travel with my wheelchair-bound son so we don't travel a lot. We have to travel with a wheelchair lift and a shower chair. We were glad there was parking near the Accessible room and we did not have to walk far. Several restaurants and shopping are nearby. We were also glad it was a good location not too far from some relatives. The room was clean and quiet.

The only thing that was hard is that they would not save us a reservation for Mardi Gras without a nonrefundable deposit. That is probably common in New Orleans anyway!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Had stayed in this Hampton Inn many times before and have not been disappointed yet. I have to commend the staff for accommodating my request for extra pillows at time of booking. Indeed, my pillows were already in my room before got there; this was not my experience with other places where I had to again ask front desk for this courtesy.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My family and I stayed the weekend. The staff were wonderful. The two lady at the front desk for the evening shift were the best. Made us feel at home. The suite was very clean and comfortable and stocked with more than I had expected. Other hotels could take a page from the guys. We were close to everything we planned to do, which is good considering we are from a small town...the complimentary breakfast was great and I will say the eggs the first morning were the best ever. Great place with great people!!! Recommend a stay here, we will stay here our next trip to the Big Easy!!!!

Room Tip: The suite is great. Big, comfortable and has full kitchen that has everything you need.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Everything was very clean, with really nice people. I would recommend anyone to stay for business or pleasure. I would of liked to use the pool or gym, just didn't have the time. So I can not give a good rating on those facilities.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Having been in quite a few of these Inns, I have to say this one is a bit below the standard. The building seems to be older than most I visited, carpet in my room was kind of sticky, as well as broken/damaged tiles in the bathroom. water is not provided if not at lobby at 3$ per bottle.
Gym in not located in the facility, but is reception can provide a card for a local gym 5 minutes walk away, still I would prefer to have a gym inhouse, more private, the other one can get a bit busy, but I have to say is very well equipped.
A/C in the room is quite noisy and not easy to regulate either is on all the time or is off....
Overall a fair and honest staying

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The location of this hotel makes it a great place to access both sides of the Mississippi. Shopping is a plus with most major retailers within walking distance, as well as, an excellent assortment of restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly and willing to help in any way. They were willing to give us directions and other contact information for local restaurants and tourist attractions. The lobby decor was updated. The lobby was inviting and a good place to sit for conversation or watch television. The room was neat and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The furniture was clean and in good condition, but outdated. Updated furniture would enhance the look and give it a more comfortable feel. Overall the hotel is a good place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harahan
TownePlace Suites New Orleans Metairie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Metairie New Orleans
#1 of 23 in Metairie
Comfort Suites New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#104 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area

Address: 5150 Mounes St, Harahan, LA 70123-3408 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Harahan
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Harahan
Price Range: £93 - £160 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area 2.5*
Ideally situated in beautiful Harahan, Louisiana, Hampton Inn & Suites Elmwood offers sophisticated traditional guest rooms and extended-stay suites near the area's top attractions. The hotel is located just 6 miles from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, minutes from downtown New Orleans, the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, the French Quarter, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Harrah's Casino, and Audubon Nature Institute. Within our spacious, beautifully appointed guest rooms, you'll discover a wealth of contemporary amenities. We also feature free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, a sparkling outdoor pool, premium business facilities and a 24-hour Pavilion Pantry Market and Suites Shop. Enjoy an ideal blend of location, modern conveniences and Southern hospitality, when you center your Big Easy adventure at our hotel near downtown New Orleans. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans-Elmwood/Clearview Parkway Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Elmwood