“Anniversary Trip”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Harvey
Freeport, Florida
“Anniversary Trip”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I want to start off by saying the staff are absolutely amazing and kind! The room was absolutely beautiful! My husband and I stayed in a king suite and it was more than worth it. It was completely luxurious. Took me a moment to figure out the you needed to leave the lights running in the bathroom for a few minutes and then they would get brighter. The water stayed piping hot no matter how long of a shower I took. I personally didn't love the water pressure but it was still a thousand times better than any other hotel I have ever stayed in. I loved the bed so much that I wanted to take the comforter and pillows home. My only negative comment would be that it seemed to me that the walls were awfully thin but I could just be considered a light sleeper. I just kept getting awoken by the doors shutting. Other than that I would stay here again in a heartbeat and just bring earplugs. It is also a very clean hotel. I am a housekeeper myself and I found a few things that were missed but nothing that was just absolutely horrible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nakita_K
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Good afternoon. My name is Percy Swan and I am the General Manager here. I would just like to thank you for taking care of us the way we like to take care of all of our guests with your kind words. Please believe me when I tell you that we really appreciate the encouragement. Hopefully, we can see you again soon, in our neck of the woods. Feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can do for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were in town due to our daughters surgery for cancer. We had our hotel for 3 nights but there was no hotel rooms available for our 4th night which we needed due to our daughters condition. We checked with the front desk twice daily. Front desk worker, Phyliss worked hard to get us a room for that 4th night, she did so on the 4th day, we were so very thankful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Good afternoon. In know it has taken me a bit to respond and for that I apologize. But, I just wanted to thank you for reviewing our hotel and for your kind words to us. My staff and I pride ourselves on taking care of our guests and try to make every stay a special one. We are seriously pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Thus motel was very well maintained. Room was very clean and everything worked like it was suppose to. Had a very nice one night stay. Had a little noise at first but did not last very long so I had a very nice rest.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Since you were so nice as to take your valuable time out to write us such a nice review, I feel it is only fair that I take time out to thank you for your kind words. We are at your service and my staff will be very pleased to see your review and we thank you very much. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please let us know.
New Albany, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Always position your zippers on your bags so that you know if they have been tampered with. Luckily nothing of value was left in my bag the one night I went out on the town. Come back to find my zipper completely different from how I had left it. Absurd that for a 120$ a night you have to worry about being stolen from by the help. Very clean room. Won't stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank VanCooper22
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Good afternoon, Mr. Cooper. My name is Percy Swan and I am the General Manager at the Comfort Suites in Harvey, LA. I apologize that you feel that someone may have tampered with your things, but I can assure you such is not the case. Additionally, I don't understand how you can make such an accusation of our hotel without anything actually being missing and based upon the position of a zipper. As we all know, human memory can be a selective thing. Please give me a call so that we may discuss the matter further. I definitely do not want you or anyone else to have such a negative impression of our hotel.
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel looks good from the outside. While not in the best area of New Orleans, its not bad. The parking lot is well lit and seems secure. The hotel is nice, with large comfortable rooms.

The problem comes in that the walls are paper thin and the air conditioning system is very quiet - so there is nothing to save you from the noise of your neighbors. We had one who left the television on all night long - and it was fairly loud - and whoever was in the room above us was either moving furniture or had a bowling alley in their room. This went on all night long, even after a call to the front desk. Given that the primary purpose of a hotel is a place to sleep, I would not recommend this place as you are at the mercy of other guests to get a good nights rest.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christinas550
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Good afternoon. My name is Percy Swan and I am the new General Manager at the Comfort Suites hotel in Harvey. I apologize for any inconveniences that you may have had while staying with us and wholeheartedly would like to make things up to you. Please give me a call so that perhaps we can have another chance to wow you with our guest service. I really wish that you would have stopped by and spoken with me to voice your concerns before leaving us. I am always available and if not on property, any of my staff members is empowered to assist with anything at any time. If not, they can always reach me by phone. Please give me a call at the hotel at your convenience.
Forney, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We always stay in this hotel before going on cruises. Love the beds and the rooms are nice, not in a neighborhood that looks good but hotel has security cameras and have not had an issue there yet and there is a daiquiri place around corner you can get a gallon cheap and bring it back to room. Easy access to a few restaurants and walmart target is right down road. Staff has been nice and helpful. Breakfast in morning is the typical stuff at hotels nothing to really write about. Will always use this hotel till I think it becomes bad.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tazman569
gm_LA181, Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 6 October 2013

The Comfort Suites Harvey Staff
Franklin, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here on 9/9 in an accessible King Suite. The Furniture and carpeting appeared to be new and the TV was the largest I have ever had in a hotel. The desk staff, were all without exception very courteous and helpful. I have read several negative reports on the location of this hotel, and I don't know why. The location is in a relatively lower middle class working area and no where near any real ghetto in New Orleans. Don't be put off or scared off by some people who think if you are not on a 5 acre property with all white people around, you are in a ghetto of the most drug ridden sort The New Orleans area is predominately mixed racial in nature so get off your racist high horse and learn to enjoy all peoples company.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We commit ourselves in providing great customer service by our team members to make sure every guest feels like home and by your comments it looks like we kept our promise.
On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for choosing The Comfort Suites- Harvey as your lodging provider. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again soon!

The staff of the Comfort Suites-Harvey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvey
Central Business District
Garden District
Prytania Park
Prytania Park
#101 of 163 in New Orleans

Been to Comfort Suites Harvey? Share your experiences!