“Great stay... great price.”

Comfort Suites Harvey
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Harvey
Austin, Texas
“Great stay... great price.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel was in perfect location for our stay. There are other hotels in the same area, but they were either much pricier, or not as nice. All the staff was very nice. The room was very comfortable.

The only compliant we had is... the air conditioning unit. The placement of the bed directly next to the AC unit (which doesnt have adjustable vents or it would be no issue at all) made it take a lot longer for the room to cool. After about 12hrs it was fine as long as it was set to 65. The way the unit is placed, the vent shoots air right at the foot of the bed.
The coffee pot in onew of our rooms didnt work but we got coffee downstairs or at dunkin donuts a block away, or at PJs coffee very close by.

Other than that minor issue ...everything else was great!
We will be staying here again !

Room Tip: Dont get a room behind the desk if possible. The noise was almost non existent in other areas.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stacy V
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Good afternoon, Stacy (If I may be so forward). My name is Percy Swan and I am the General Manager at the Comfort Suites hotel in Harvey, Louisiana. I just wanted to thank you for leaving us a review and for making it such a kind one. I would like to personally apologize for the coffee pot not working in your room and sincerely wish that you had notified us so that we could have taken care of your issue immediately. We are trying to create the perfect environment here and guest service is our priority. I would, however, like to thank you for your kind review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Everything was great about the hotel. From the comfort of the bed to the decor. The front desk clerk was friendly as well. The value of the hotel was great. There were plenty of hotels in the area that were asking a lot more money for, but were not nearly as nice. Definitely will be staying here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank FirstclassJC
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Good morning. My name is Percy Swan and I am the General Manager at the Comfort Suites hotel in Harvey, Louisiana. I just wanted to say thank you for your review and to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to leave your kind comments and for letting the world know what you think of our hotel. Thank you very much.
Jefferson, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

They will accuse you of smoking and charge your credit card after you left the place. On the good side food and service was good, the GM is very rude hung up on me twice while I was trying to an answer about the OverCharge

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cafeboy52
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Good afternoon, sir. My name is Percy Swan and I am the General Manager at the Comfort Suites hotel in Harvey, LA. I believe that we spoke on the phone on yesterday. Normally, I would thank anyone who writes a review of our hotel for the feedback because guest feedback is important to us and it is needed if we are to continue operating a top notch facility and be part of a world class organization. That being said, I was at no point rude to you in any way. I simply explained to you that I, myself, was witness to the issue in the room. From there you advised me that you would take this action and hung up the telephone on me before I could get any further into the conversation. We only spoke once and I honestly wish that things had gone better. Our hotel makes every guest aware of the penalty for smoking in a guestroom as it is not only explained verbally, but also pointed out in print on our registration cards. Each and every Comfort Suites is a completely non-smoking facility and as such, must remain smoke free as part of our Breathing initiative. As such, when such an occurrence happens it places the hotel in the position of having to take the room off market to give us time to clean the room properly for the safety and health of following guests who may or may not have smoke allergies or other health conditions that can be aggravated by smoke.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were given a room behind the front desk. It was very noisy. You could hear the front desk staff laughing, talking and you could hear the phone ringing too. The room door slams very loud...it shakes the bed. Upon wake up it proceeded to the bathroom to take a shore and pulled back the shower curtain and a rusty curtain rod stared back at me. We were originally booked for 4 nights but after my bad experiences, we only stayed one night and checked out the following morning.
The staff did try to move me to another room but after seeing the rusty rod, I was thru dealing.

Room Tip: Do not let them put you in a room by the front desk...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BlessedDiva65
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Good morning. My name is Percy Swan and I am the General Manager at the Comfort Suites hotel in Harvey. I would like to first thank you for taking your time out to write a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you endured while staying at our property. I assure you that these issues are not the norm. Please feel free to contact me so that I may make things right.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Perfect experience, lovely room, safe parking, fabulous staff at front desk. 5 of us in our group so we got a 2 queen suite which was comfy and clean and nice-looking. Close/convenient to downtown New Orleans, as advertised. Not a single problem with our stay except to warn others that the driving/traffic in NOLA is CRAZY! (it was definitely a bit hair-raising at times!!) Anyway, we highly recommend the place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I have to admit. The traffic in New Orleans can be a bit vicious at times. I can't control that aspect, but I can thank you for taking your time out to review our property. We really appreciate your kind words and we do work hard to provide a positive guest experience. My staff and I truly believe in taking care of the guest and I appreciate that it is not going unnoticed. Thank you again.

-Percy Swan
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2014

There are a few limited choices in accommodations on the Westbank of the river from New Orleans and this is one of the better of those choices from my experience. The furnishings and bedding were comfortable and fairly new. The amenities and service were top notch for this class of hotel property. As with most of this areas hotels, it is on the edge of a seedy looking, run down neighborhood, however the parking lot was well lit and we did not feel unsafe during our stay. I will return to this hotel for future stays.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor, near elevator or lobby rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony C
gm_LA181, Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hi. My name is Percy Swan and I am the General Manager at the Comfort Suites hotel in Harvey. I justwanted to thank you for your review of our hotel and apologize for the noise from the elevator. It's the Hydraulic kind and can sometimes be heard a bit when it's quiet. However, We would love to see you here with us again.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This is a clean hotel in Harvey. It's near a low income apartment complex so that's not the most ideal. Breakfast eggs were kind of gross but other breakfast items were fine. No pool. No workout area. Nice room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
gm_LA181, General Manager at Comfort Suites Harvey, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hi. My name is Percy Swan and I am the General Manager at the Comfort Suites Hotel in Harvey, Louisiana. I just wanted to thank you for taking your time out to do a review. I apologize that our eggs were not to your liking, but would also like to thank you for your compliment. Hopefully, we can see you with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvey
Best Western Plus Westbank
Holiday Inn Express Harvey - Marrero
Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank
Comfort Suites New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#110 of 162 in New Orleans
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower
TownePlace Suites New Orleans Harvey/West Bank

Been to Comfort Suites Harvey? Share your experiences!