“great food, great service,”
Review of Las Cazuelas

Las Cazuelas
Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Harvey
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 March 2014

stopped to have a drink and appetisers ,,service was great, very good prices so we stayed for dinner instead of going into New Orleans,,glad we did, the food was very good and a 3 piece band came over to the table and sang some songs for us, a truly enjoyable dinner..would go back again

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stopped for lunch at Las Cazuelas and was treated to a large, open, very clean Mexican restaurant. There is plenty of parking at this stand alone spot, and it is easy to drive in or drive out only Manhattan.

I was in a bit of a hurry, so didn't look at the entire menu (it is available on line) but did take a good look at the lunch offerings. I chose a sampler plate as I often do in a new Mexican eatery. I was surprised to see that some of the standards did not come with my sampler . . . rice, refried beans, etc. These items were available at an additional cost.

The food was good, but a bit on the bland side. Portions were generous. The standard chips and salsa starter was excellent. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I saw this restaurant while shopping and decided to try it as one of our favorite places had closed last year. We were pleasantly surprised. There were many pluses - they have corn tortillas, they have very good beef rellenos, their tamales are meaty and moist and their fajitas are tender. Service was fast and friendly. We both felt that we would return.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were shopping in the neighbourhood and though we'd give the restaurant a try and are glad we did!Though it's certainly not in fancy area, the food and service here were really good. The menu is very extensive and the margaritas, though not made with fresh lemons, were well above average. Our apetizer and chips were fresh and they make a very good salsa. The main dishes were excellent and we had nothing to take home it was so good.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I have gone to this place place twice. Once as a we were shopping and it was a "We're hungry, it's here" stop. We were so impressed, it became a destination stop Sunday. Great food, served promptly by an efficient, pleasant staff. Servings were more than ample (we both left plenty on our plates.) One of the side orders was "Abuletia's Chicken Soup" (I'm sure I have misspelled that.) The soup was so thick with cheese, chicken, chile's, (and GOODNESS) that our spoons stood up in the bowl. BTW, prices were quite reasonable.

My wife and I had the feeling that this was a family owned, family operated establishment. We like supporting such places. The family pride of the owners was evident in the cheerful service, spotlessly clean environment, and the freshness and quality of the food. Highly recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been to Las Cazuelas? Share your experiences!