“Very good food, can get busy at peak times”

New Orleans Food & Spirits
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Harvey
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Gretna, Louisiana, United States
“Very good food, can get busy at peak times”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The food has never been less than good. Excellent is the norm. The hush puppies are a great start, or side to a bowl of gumbo. I never am able to finish my plate as the quantity is big as well.
If you go at lunch time and are under a time constraint, you must get in before 12:00. I'd suggest 11:30. The place has about 30-40 tables, and once they fill up, the next round of potential diners will sit outside until the 1st shift leaves. If not in a hurry, it is worth the wait.
Oh, the tip is already calculated @ 18%. I have forgotten that fact, and they have reminded me as to not double tip. Although not 5 star service, I have never felt cheated out of that 18%.

• Visited October 2011

Henderson, Nevada
“more than you can eat in one sitting”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was recommended to this restaurant by many people and they were right. It was my first time eating catfish and it was amazing! the large draft beer is very large. The only downside I heard from customers is that they automatically add gratuity to the bill. The food is amazing!

Visited February 2012
Buras, Louisiana
“Very good seafood”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

This place is clean and staff is very friendly. Everything I have eaten here was good. The gumbo is very good. Get there early because it get busy. There is usually a wait. But you don' t wait too long

Visited November 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Not expensive, good food ok service”
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We went with few friends in this restaurant in a good position. The food is lovely the service a kind slow but well educated and the price is worth for what we had. I roccomend.

• Visited October 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Sister restaurant in Covington - This was the most disgusting meal ever!”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I had the crabcake Ponchartrain. The crabcake was cold in the center and tasted like it had been in the freezer for a week. It was topped with a velveta sauce with crawfish in it and had the most awful flavor (or lack of I should say). The crawfish soup was the same velveta base and was thick, cold and disgusting. I was so excited to have some nice Louisiana fare and was terribly disappointed.

Been to New Orleans Food & Spirits? Share your experiences!