Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Harvey
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked this room for a weekend getaway to New Orleans. This was conveniently located but a better deal than staying in New Orleans: free parking, free breakfast. This is a new hotel and it shows. Everything is new and clean. Really large room, really great breakfast selections.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S
Taylor M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hello Karen S,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the time you took to write about your stay at the hotel. Glad to hear that we met all of your needs including our Free Parking and Complimentary Breakfast.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We spent part of our family vacation in NOLA and found that this hotel located outside of the city was in a great location with restaurants and shopping very close by; plus easy access to the interstate and about 15 mins from the center of the city. The hotel receptionists, Monica and Bridgett, we're very attentive and customer focused. The staff overall was polite and helpful. We definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again!

Chuck & Angie, TN

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 349angelah

Howdie Angela H,

I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay! I will make sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. I know they will be thrilled to know that the made a difference during your stay.

Thank you for pointing out that we are close by to attractions in the area. Always a plus when you need something quick to do in The Big Easy!

Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Everything about this hotel was GREAT!!! The staff, the complimentary breakfast, the location, the room...everything as EXCEPTIONAL. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others and I will always stay at this location when I visit New Orleans.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Lawanda E,

It sure does seem you had a great time at our hotel! Thank you for stating that we were EXCEPTIONAL! ( I love hearing that!)

We appreciate your review and your business! Come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely amazing. The decor and furnishing was wooden and just clean. I will say that I had a little spider in my room the second morning, but the staff was so quick to come and clean it, I had no reason to be uncomfortable (that could happen anywhere- even your own home). I will definitely recommend this branch to anyone, and would even stay there again, if and when I return to the area. PS...The complimentary breakfast (which was so good) and free parking were sellers to me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Adebisi A,

Thank you for your great review! I was truly a pleasure serving you.

Thank you for pointing out our Complimentary Breakfast and Free Parking. We like to make things easier for our guests and a great start to the day with the most important meal is the way to do it!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We picked this hotel because it was new, and we staying four nights. It took FIVE room changes to get a fully functioning room! We thought room 1 was fine until we went to bed--the switch to turn off the hall light turned off all power to the room except TV. We could have been OK without the lamps and even the alarm clock, but needed power for the CPAP. Got dressed again, desk gave us another room, packed everything up---checked room 2 & that had same electrical problem. Room 3 seemed fine, but it was a little noisy (well behaved but enthusiastic sports team on this floor.) It seemed fine but the next morning my husband came back from getting ice and said, "Did you realize that the door lock does not work on this room? It was unlocked all night." Wow--not what I wanted to hear!

One of us went down to the desk as we couldn't leave an unlocked room. We were offered room 4, which would have been on the other side of the sports team. Nice kids, but we were hoping for a little more quiet. We asked for another floor and the desk clerk said he had the perfect room. Opened the door to room 5--suitcases open, TV on, someone was in the shower! We backed out very quickly. Room 6 was OK.

The desk clerk was polite but did not seem to know quite what to do and never offered to upgrade or compensate us in any way for our inconvenience or lack of security. TWO DAYS after we moved to room 6, a hotel maintenance person came to our door to fix the door lock. We had to very patiently explain that the bad lock was several rooms ago. He seemed clueless. We wondered if anyone had spent the night in that bad room.

There were other little things that would indicate that the place is not well built. For example, the controls for the indoor pool indicated that it was "heated" but it was icy cold (and we're tough northerners, we know cold water.)

We wrote Hilton about our stay. Hilton Hotels responded to our letter with a form letter promising further response "in 72 hours" and that was about two weeks ago. This hotel obviously has some big construction issues, but Hilton does not seem to care.

Room Tip: Check the electrical right away--make sure that the switches near the door work! Check the door loc...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CoolerNearTheLake

Hello CoolerNearTheLake,

It seems like you had nothing but problems when you stayed at our hotel. I cannot begin to say how sorry I am that all of this occurred to you during your stay. It sounds miserable and I for one am embarrassed that this occurred.

Security is a top priority for us and rest assured I have taken the time to personally inspect each door at the hotel in order to reassure myself that everything is operating properly. Any door lock error that occurred during your stay has been corrected.

While it does not fix the issues you had during your stay, I wanted to let you know that we have fixed the electrical issues at our hotel. Gone are the days of "this light switch turns on and off everything." This has been a recent fix that I hope would not deter you from staying at our hotel again.

Again thank you for the review. If you would like to discuss this matter further I can be emailed at hamptonharvey@bnmanagementco.com or 504-324-5688.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our room was very clean, spacious & comfortable. This hotel is new and looks very good inside and out. The free breakfast & wife were an added bonus. My only complaint is that the king room that I booked did not have a microwave or refrigerator in it. In order to get these amenities, you have to book a suite which is almost $20.00 more a night. I am diabetic and I have to store my insulin in a refrigerator. I had to purchase a plug in cooler (65.00) to put in my room. These amenities should be standard in all rooms. If this isn't a deal breaker for you, then go for it. This was the only drawback that I had for this property, other than this, my stay was great.

Room Tip: If a microwave & refrigerator isn't a deal breaker, then go for it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello BlessedDiva65,

Thank you for your review. It seems like you truly enjoyed your stay and that is a great thing for us to read. We loving sharing our guest's experiences with our staff and will make sure we do the same with yours.

I am sorry to hear we let you down by not providing you with a microwave and refrigerator in your room. It is true that we currently do not have this in each room, but we will soon! By the end of September all of our rooms will be equipped with a refrigerator and microwave.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I truly enjoyed staying in this hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff members are very friendly. It's a short drive to downtown New Orleans (6 - 10 minutes). Parking is free. There are many restaurants and a shopping Mall near by. Traffic is sometimes heavy crossing the bridge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Theodis S,

Thank you for staying at our hotel! I see that you titled your review Hampton Inn Monroe. While I am more than positive the Hampton Inn Monroe is a fabulous hotel, I am more than sure that the Hampton Inn and Suites Harvey is just as great! Thank you for being a fan of Hamptonality!

We just opened in May so thank you for coming to visit!

Taylor McInerney

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harvey
Arts District / Warehouse District
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Harvey/New Orleans West Bank? Share your experiences!