“The best golf course I ever played”

Olde Oaks Golf Club
Ranked #4 of 4 things to do in Haughton
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, TX
Reviewed 31 August 2004

I came to Shreveport on business and was scheduled to play golf with a local associate at his country club. When he canceled out on our game, I went to the front desk of the Horseshoe Casino where I was lodging and reviewed their list of courses and the yellow pages. I called a few, got prices and directions and information on renting clubs.
I decided on Olde Oaks because it was relatively near the Horseshoe, the price was competitive and very reasonable and the Cobra club rental was free!
This decision opened up vistas I never imagined. The directions and prices were accurate. The course was a Hal Sutton design, who I didn't think much of because he beat my man in a big tournament awhile back. As I drove in through the new homes lining the course, it looked like similar such communities.
The late model Cobras suited me well (I'm looking for a new set of clubs and I rent when I play out of town to check out different brands). The rental cost was right and I hit some good shots (and bad ones, as usual for a boggie golfer).
But the course is Valhala! I'm used to playing two well maintained intown Houston public courses. Now I am spoiled forever! This course is heaven - hills, doglegs, water, pictureque. I have never played a course of such wonderful design in my life.
I just hope in my wildest dreams that I can buy a retirement home there some day, timeshare or just visit again and enjoy the best course I ever played - it's what golf, life and love are all about. Thank you Hal, thank you Olde Oaks, thank you God.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member