“A Little Pricey for a Choice Hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Houma
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Houma
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My co worker and I stayed here 1 night. When we arrived staff was friendly and check in went well. When I got to my room I had troble with the key card and couldn't get the door to open so I went back to the desk and found my co worker there addressing the same problem with his room. We each got new key cards and were told not to swipe too fast or too slow. When I used the new key card I had the samr problem but this time stood there for a few minutes fooling with it till I got it open. I had to repeat this every time I entered the room. The room was about $100 with my discount which is a little more than other comfort inns and was ok but worn. The worst thing was the terrible wi fi. I am here on business and need to use my e-mail so if wi fi keeps kicking off I don't stay again. The next day while in the shower at 4 am the power went off. I dried and dressed using my cell phones and noticed when leaving for work someone was frantically trying to reset the system. They said it was the power company but all the hotels around and the McDonalds had power. Oh well I won't hold that against them. But the wi fi I can't forgive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marissa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

On behalf of my staff and myself I would like to deeply apologize for the power outage. We found out the problem was that a substation with SLECA went down and left thousands without electric for about 2 hours.

Also, I would like to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading the Wi-Fi.

If you are ever in the Houma area again I would appreciate it if you gave us another chance to make thing right.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff was nice, the rooms were nice and our room had good beds and linens. Had a great dinner down the street at Nancy's which I would highly recommend. Great Crawfish & Shrimp boils. Also, toured the swamps and fed alligators through Cajun Tours and Cruises in Houma. Had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Marissa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time and giving us a positive response . On behalf of my staff and myself we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We also glad that you enjoyed the food and swamp tours here in Houma. We look forward to having you stay with us again if you return to the area. Once again thank you from all of us here at the Comfort Inn & Suites of Houma.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I am in Houma for work and needed a place to stay for one night. I found the Comfort Inn & suites on Hotels.com and booked a night. Check-in was easy and efficient. I had a room on the second floor. My room was clean and the A/C worked. The shower had a small drip but that was no big deal for me. I was surprised that the room was a little larger than a comparable hotel room from other chains. It included a couch and coffee table and a matching chair. The TV also had a good bit of channels. I never tried the pool so I can't comment. There wasn't anything overwhelming about the hotel stay but there wasn't anything bad either. It served a good purpose and I would stay again if I'm in the area. The price was right and the experience was good. They also have a breakfast that was good with a few options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert C
Marissa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay with us! We are pleased to read that you had a good experience with us. We look forward to see you again when you return to this area. Thanks again.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The staff was very friendly and did everything they could to make our stay pleasant. The shower needed a good scrubbing, but everything else appeared clean. We arrived bacm home and immediately unpacked the teuck and brought all of our luggage to our bedroom to unpack it. Within 24 hours of getting home my husband and I began getting bites while sleeping in our bed. After much research and painful nights of restlessness we agreed that indeed it was bedbugs. We began treatment over the past 5 days and we had our first nights sleep without any new bites. Please notify remember that bedbugs are a serious problem nationwide and to always check the mattresses before you set your bags down or sleep away from home.

• Stayed: February 2014
Marissa M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. Without the input of our guests, we couldn't continue to improve our guest service levels. We've investigated your concern of bed bugs through an outside vendor, and are pleased to report there were no bed bugs on site. We're happy to share the written report with you, should you like to review it, and I'd love to further discuss this issue if you still have concerns. If so, please call the hotel directly and ask to speak to the General Manager. Thanks again for your time and your input.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

In Houma for work, check in was quick and smooth. Parking lot seemed small for number of rooms and for maneuvering a larger vehicle. Room was clean & large with comfortable bed, couch & chair. A great space for traveling workers. Wifi internet was very intermittent, and very slow when it did work. Some noise issues from semi-trucks/tractor trailer trucks at nearby intersection and on the very bumpy road, often sounding like nearby thunder.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side of hotel may have less road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Derek H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

We certainly appreciate your recent stay at the our hotel as well as you taking the time to write a review. Glad that you had a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

I visit Houma often to visit friends and like to try out several different hotels when I travel. I have to say this has been one of the best in Houma. The room was very clean the a/c worked very well and it was relaxing. The young guy working the desk was very helpful and attentive to our needs at arrival and during the stay and the lady working the night audit was very friendly. The only complaint is the breakfast the scrambled eggs were horrible not even good they tasted like water and the selection was not what I usually see at comfort inns. There should have been at least biscuits and gravey or additional options on hot food. Other than that the stay was great!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Winsulfgm
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I checked into my room on Sunday 26th and it was great. Check in was a breeze and I got everything I had asked for. Bed was wonderful and rooms were real big with nice decor. I went down to have breakfast and was greeted by the nice lady who was cheerful. They had a good selection and great waffles. I was just very pleased and staff was friendly. I will recomend this hotel to others who are in the Houma area. If your looking for clean, quiet and enjoyable place to stay, then look no more because this is it.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Wayne G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for such a GREAT review. We at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Houma are always excited when our guests enjoy their stays. I will pass your comments on to the staff. We look forward to serving you again next time you are in our city. Thank you!