“Great Boudin!!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Riviera, Texas
“Great Boudin!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

If you are looking for the best boudin around just look no further than here. We're from Texas and have relatives in Jennings. Everytime we get a chance to visit them we usually have to have our boudin fix and Boudin King is the place we go. We also bring home extra to share with our other family members. So take an ice chest and filler-up,,,you won't be sorry!!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank SANDRA M

Houston, TX
“Best in the southwest!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

If you want real china and silverware, don't come her, however for quality at a low price, do, good boudin, good gumbo and wonderful fried fish and shrimp!

1 Thank glennmiller
Houston, Texas
“Disappointed with Boudin King”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I decided to stop by Boudin King after it was recommended to me by the travel clerk at the official Visitor's center outside of Baton Rouge, LA, off I10. The Boudin King is about 3 miles off of the Interstate in Jennings, LA, which wasn't too far from the Interstate. The service was below average as the clerks were impersonable and did not even know what to recommend. So, I ordered the shrimp gumbo and was totally disappointed. It was small, popcorn shrimp in a brown sauce gravy over white rice. That's all it was. I thought there was more to gumbo than that..It tasted terrible and had no seasoning. The establishment is run down, the atmosphere was quite grungy and the bathroom was filthy. Nothing like seeing the cooks on the way out smoking cigarettes on the front patio! I was very disappointed with this place.

• Visited February 2012
Katy, Texas
“Good boudin, the rest is just OK”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

After years of seeing the billboard on I-10, I finally stopped in to eat.

The good stuff:

1. The building has character. The restaurant apparently started as a grocery store and the building was gradually converted into the restaurant.
2. The boudin was good and served in hearty portions. I ordered one link and had something that looked like it was one and a half feet long. The boudin itself was very flavorful and I was just about able to cut through it with my plastic knife. Only a little bit stringy, overall it was really good.
Stuff that could be better:

1. With a name like “Boudin King”, I found it odd that I had to look hard to find Boudin on the menu. The menu on the wall was mainly fried chicken, fried seafood, and side dishes. The boudin options were listed in small print on top of a menu taped to the countertop where customers place their orders.

2. The gumbo was a bit weak and tasted like it came from a jar. The chicken and sausage in it were OK but the gumbo itself needed some help.

3. The service was OK. Nothing bad, nothing special, almost apathetic. That’s too bad. I’m originally from southern Louisiana and like to tell people about the friendly people and good service there. Unfortunately that was not exemplified here.

• Visited January 2012
Roanoke, Louisiana, USA
“Best boudian and gumbo”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Friendly service, quality gumbo/boudian/fish/chicken.

Visited December 2011