“Product quality has fallen”
Review of Boudin King

Boudin King
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Jennings
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Boudin King was one of the best places to eat in the area until Mr. Cormier died. It has steadily been going down hill since. They used to have great food.

1  Thank James L
There are newer reviews for Boudin King

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Fried shrimp, fried catfish, fried chicken, French fries, fried, fried, fried. Get the point?

This is not Cajun or Creole or south Louisiana food. Time was when the Boudin King was an institution in these parts; that time is long gone. Now, it's just a rundown building, inside and out, with food as common and unattractive as the building. You can get this stuff anywhere there is a deep-fat fryer and plenty of grease.

Boudin? It's all right, but there are a hundred joints within 50 miles where it's all right, too. And besides, this place is no longer so much about boudin as it is about fried chicken, etc.

More like the Fry King.

2  Thank shetlandskid
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We are staying in Jennings while my husband works in La Cassine; our hotel recommended the 'Boudin King' as a good Cajun style restaurant;l it was AWESOME. Honestly we did not try the boudin, as it was not on the menu and we were unsure of how to order it or how it was served. My husband had the shrimp gumbo, I had the shrimp po-boy (mmmmmm) and we shared a cup of red beans and rice. The restaurant is definitely not for for those seeking atmosphere, it is truly a 'hole-in-the-wall' as stated by NancyPool, but well worth the stop. The restaurant was clean, (did not use the ladies) and the food is hot, fresh and delicious. While we ate, a group came in and ordered the boudin, it is sold by the pound, and the family divided the sausage type food and the kids ate with their hands, just like a weiner. We will go back and try the boudin.,

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was a treat. I never had Boudin or ever heard of it. it is delicious. Its a Sausage rice Mixture in casing. So Delicious. We also get Fried Shrimp Dinners were also delicious. i would recommend anyone in Jennings, Louisiana (which is a very friendly town) to stop by there for a real treat....

1  Thank CatherineM966
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The boudin here is great, has been for years. I grew up in the area and always stop in to get frozen boudin (for later) and a link to go! That being said, the restaurant is a dump. The womens restroom is one of the nastiest places I've ever been in. Every time I go in there, the heater is blowing with gusto. Which is not a bad thing in the winter, but in Louisiana summers - its unbearable! I'm just glad the kitchen area looks clean. I love the food from this place, but I sure wish they'd clean up the place.

Been to Boudin King? Share your experiences!