“By far the BEST seafood you will find!”

Harbor Seafood & Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 232 Restaurants in Kenner
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I used to live in New Orleans and this was our favorite seafood restaurant. During a recent visit back, we of course visited, and I have to say nothing about it has changed. It's a typical neighborhood restaurant, so don't expect fancy, just expect great food and you'll get what you went for!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife, two kids and I stopped in for dinner. We ended up ordering a bunch of boiled seafood. I think we got about 5 or 6 pounds of crawfish, a couple pounds of shrimp and a dozen crabs along with potatoes and corn. The food was excellent. It was some of the best seasoned boiled seafood I have had. Well seasoned without being too spicy for the kids. We all enjoyed it. The price was in line with what we have paid for boiled seafood elsewhere. I wouldn't call it cheap but I would say the prices were fair.

This is a small joint so be prepared to sit and wait for a table. We had about a 40 min wait but it was well worth it. I'll also say that our waitress was just ok, not great. The food made up for the wait and the waitress. We enjoyed it and will go back.

They have a large menu from cheap to expensive. There were people eating po boys, fried seafood, grilled tuna and everything else when we were there.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Laid back, local restaurant. Sat at bar because of wait for tables. Bartender was slammed, but did great job taking care of whole bar. Food was nothing fancy, but tasted great. Oysters were huge flavorful and affordable.

This could be a new regular place for us

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Where to begin. We ate hear a number of times in April. Best bargain in New Orleans area. Fun to sit near bar and watch local fisherman do business. Everything, and I mean everything we tried was amazing. They do get very busy, as the place is small, but we always had good service. A pound of fresh shrimp was amazing. The swamp platter was a lot of food, but really a taste of Louisiana. A must go place.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great food and prices! Awesome bartenders. Place is small and known to locals so you may have to sit at the bar to eat but that is the best place in the house!

Been to Harbor Seafood & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!