“Previous posts Dead On!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Previous posts Dead On!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

It's $60 a night. Average for the area is $120. That should have told me to stay away but It's close to the airport and I needed 5-6 hours sleep before catching a flight. Didn't get any sleep. The AC didn't work and New Orleans in July is HOT! Complaining or asking for another room was like talking to a brick wall. Response was maintenance would be in at 9 am and take a look at it. Beds were hard, carpet was filthy, constant party outside. My guess is most of the people who stay there are on weekly rates, panhandle during the day and party at night. Staff? Rude doesn't come close. Cleanliness? Sewers are cleaner.

Room Tip: Doubt there is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TOM S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this hotel through Southwest Airlines as a "partner" hotel because I would get points and I figured Southwest wouldn't work with any hotels that were this bad. Since I was only staying a few hours (I was getting in around I :30 am and leaving at 7 am) I didn't really need a lot of amenities, just a place to sleep for a few hours, The outside of the hotel, parking lot and entryway didn't look very clean with trash around and the garbage cans outside the entrance overflowing. My room was on the third floor and there was one room that had what seemed to be their whole wardrobe hanging out on the balcony to dry. We're not talking about a couple of towels and a swim suit, we're talking WASH DAY, On the walkway to the room we passed a spot where it looked like they had butchered a pig or had a knife fight. What looked like dried blood on the sidewalk anyway. The a/c in the room DID NOT work. It blew air but it wasn't cool air. I pulled the bedspread off the bed and put it on the floor before I went to sleep because I didn't want it anywhere near me. If it hadn't been the middle of the night I think I would've tried to find another place to stay. To end on the worst possible note, when I got out of the bed the next morning I looked over and saw a bedbug crawling on the blanket. I captured the bug in a cup and gave it to the front desk. I work at a large residence hall of a major university and have been trained to recognize bedbugs and there is no doubt that this is what the bug was. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy and this place has moved up to the #1 spot for worst hotel I ever stayed at in my life.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank CJLSC
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed in room-139..Paid $65.00 Total with travel coupon.Management was just fine no problems..Room was kingbed with lots of pillows.New carpet and paint,2 night stands and desk.Flat screen tv..Needs a new shower head.The room had refrigerator and microwave worked fine.outside the room every thing was clean.The exterior court yard was clean and pool was clean.Night lighting was good and parking was was clean.There is room for trucks pulling rv campers or 30' foot hot shot trailers.If you have a trailer better call ahead.This hotel is next to the airport so ask for a room on 1st floor near the office.Breakfast was the usual.I've been here 4 times so I know what to expect..No bugs that I could see..

Room Tip: Pais $65.00 total coupon rate..Clean room that I stayed in #139..Kingbed with refrigerator and Micro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Upon getting in the room the evening we checked in we noticed the ac didn't work. Through out the night it kept making clanking noises which made it hard to sleep. The next morning taking a shower for 2 min the hot water ran out and didn't return. The lighting is terrible. The sink was filthy like someone who stayed before us shaved and house keeping refused to do their job. Like the title says we will never stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Corey B
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during Mardi Gras. If possible, I would have checked out after first night however due to Mardi Gras all other properties were fully booked. When I first arrived on 2/28/2014, I noticed a considerable amount of broken glass in the parking lot next to a parked car. When I asked the clerk if there had been a car break-in, he had no knowledge and seemed unconcerned about the glass hazard. I discovered upon entering the room the air conditioner did not work - the controls were broken. This was not a problem until the weather turned cold 2 days later and we had no heat. When I contacted the desk late in the afternoon I was told no one was available to address the problem until 9:00 next morning. They could not move us to another room because they were totally booked. Finally on the fourth day we were moved to another room only to discover that the electrical power kept going off. An employee came and examined the circuit breakers and said if was fixed. Wrong! When we returned to the room at 7:30 p.m. - no power once again. This hotel is in desperate need of painting and cleaning - very well-worn. I noticed litter in the parking lot (fast food containers) which remained there for 2 full days. Extremely disappointed with this property.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 913GaryM913
Reviewed 2 January 2014

At first we gormt a room with 3 dead coakroaches in the corner, together with lots of hair and dust. The coffee table was covered in sticky browny coffee stain. The plasma tv had no channels at all. When we asked for a different room, we got the cleaner one, but the water in the bathroom smelled like an old egg and sulphur. Econo lodge- never again, it is worse than a squat.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank uliczka
Parag P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Sorry
Springfield Gardens, New York
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last year in September for a week. It was fine. McDonalds half a block away, Sports Bar across the Main road. No airport shuttle. $16 taxi ride and yet so close. Room was clean, bathroom was clean, WiFi was okay and bed was fine. I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business