“Assigned last room on top floor with dark corridor...”

Days Inn New Orleans Airport
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Kenner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel is conveniently located across the road from the airport. There's a free hotel shuttle available by calling the hotel directly or using the hotel transportation center...or you could just walk across the street if traveling light. The hotel is old and in need of refurbishment. Because of the location a lot of offshore companies use it for their crew changes, so be prepared for lots of young rowdy guys staying at the hotel and all that is drawn to that type of crowd. I had a ground level room at the back of the property, and I was constantly awaken by people chirping their alarms in the parking lot, loud talking/laughing, doors slamming etc...etc. There's a small bar adjoining the hotel lobby and the IHOP restaurant...mostly filled with offshore workers and it reeks of cigarettes. There's a small pool that appears to need some restoration work. The rooms are tired looking. The bed was uncomfortable. Mine was equipped with an old style TV and a small dorm fridge. The fridge had a leftover water and Gatorade bottle sitting in it, so apparently the cleaning staff didn't bother to clean it out. The AC worked, and I used it to help drown out the noise from outside. The IHOP was ok, but seemed to be understaffed, with long waits at the front, and also getting your meal brought to you. If you're afoot, there's a couple of convenience stores withing walking distance to buy snacks,etc. It's not the worst hotel I've stayed in, but you should consider someplace else if any of the above bothers you.

Room Tip: That's a tough one...I'd say the top floor as far from the parking lot as possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Christina J, Manager at Days Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While we are an outside property and certain noises are out of our control, I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. The issue with items being left in your refrigerator will be addressed with the respective department immediately. We strive to run a clean, comfortable hotel and expect nothing less for each guest. Also, while our hotel has no affiliation with the IHOP next door, I will be sure to pass on your concerns. If you find yourself back in New Orleans I hope you come back to stay with us again.
Crozet
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Excellent value and location. Shoddy exterior appearance. Grounds maintained well but walkway paint in bad condition. One elevator perpetually non-functional. Poor exterior housekeeping (trash, cigarette butts) Room doors need replacing. Room furniture cheap. Internet connectivity very spotty throughout the property. I stay here all the time due to price and location. Other than that, the property is desperately in need of upgrades.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Christina J, Manager at Days Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please note that we are in the process of painting all of our exterior corridors and walkways with fresh coats of paint. I would like to apologize for our front elevator being out of service during your stay with us, it is in the process of being repaired. I will get with the respective departments on the suggestions about the room doors and furniture. We value your repeat business and look forward to seeing you again next time.
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This was the first time I've stayed at a hotel near the NOLA airport. I usually stay in the quarter, and I think after my experience I will continue to do so.

The price was great, beds were comfy and you can't beat being right across the street from the airport. Those are about the only positives.

The outside of the hotel, especially around the pool and elevator area was filthy. Trash everywhere. There were puddles of water in front of leaky a/c units that my daughter almost slipped and fell in. The elevator was broken and judging from the quality of the out of order sign it had been like that for sometime.

The room looked relatively clean, until I went into the bathroom. There were piles of dirt and what looked like mold in every corner. There was dirt on top of the remaining baseboards.

When I walked by the a/c unit to turn down the air I was blasted in the face with water that it was spraying out of the vents. The carpet all in front of it was soaked. When I looked in the vents they were super moldy. Ugh. I turned the unit on low and it stopped spraying water, but you could hear it gush out onto the sidewalk in front of the room.

Won't be staying here again

• Stayed August 2014
Christina J, Manager at Days Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. I will address the issues you mentioned with the outside of our property with the maintenance department immediately. I will also address the issues you experienced with your room with the housekeeping department. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable hotel and expect nothing less for each and every guest. If you find yourself back in the New Orleans area I hope you come back to stay with us to see that this is not the norm for our hotel.