“Fantastic value, location & customer service! A+++”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
“Fantastic value, location & customer service! A+++”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed at the Doubletree New Orleans Airport Hotel as a stopover between flights - we wish we could stay longer! Darvonn and Eddie could not be more welcoming at the front desk. Top quality customer service is usually hard to find, but not here! Clean & comfortable room, minutes to the airport and a complimentary shuttle bus - what more could we ask for? Thank you again Doubletree New Orleans Airport, from your Australian friends :)

• Stayed August 2014
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2014

Weylan Rhame

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Being a GOLD member in Hilton, and top level in most of the other major chains, I certainly travel a lot. This hotel, and my experience here ranks at or close to the very bottom of my hotel experiences.

This is an old, tired property, that was in need of a facelift and remodeling 10+ (or more) years ago...now it should just be razed. The staff who work here are tired and bored with their jobs as well.

My wife and I checked into room 830, on the "Executive" level floor. Upon checking in, getting ready to shower for dinner, and I called down at 5pm and spoke with Tracy complaining that we did not have any hot water. She replied that she would have it attended to. Upon returning from dinner and our business meeting, at 1am, we still didn't have hot water. We were told engineering would be in at 7 am to address the matter.

Housekeeping did a lousy job preparing the room for a guest (and an executive room at that!). We had one, very partial roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, and no extra rolls anywhere. There also wasn't any facial tissues in the entire hotel room, nor bathroom.

The A/C unit (a mini-split system) in the wall mounted just below the window had a terrible vibration, which could not be minimized.

The breakfast buffet was very poor. The eggs were ice cold, and there wasn't any servicing or replenishment during the early hours when my wife & I were there for our 7:30 breakfast. There was very limited fruit offered. We were provided hot coffee and a newspaper.

When I complained about everything after breakfast, as I was checking out, the staff acted like they had no idea of any of the issues, though I had been told the major issues which I had previously reported (lack of hot water, lack of toilet paper) were being documented.

I had to leave early in the morning following breakfast, and couldn't wait for the manager on duty to become available, so followed up on the phone later. Management ended up giving me 10% discount for my troubles.

Parking is free in the rear of the hotel.

Room Tip: Not room # 830
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lawrence C
I want to start off by thanking you for taking time to post your comments on TripAdvisor, but am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I want you to know that we value your business and will use the feedback you provided to improve upon our service and product where we are able to in order to better ourselves and meet the satisfaction of all our guests in the future. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to earn back your business should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The customer service at this doubletree is very much appreciated. The front desk Mr. Caesar is such a pleasure to find someone that exemplify they love their job and the people they serve are very important. In the breakfast area all of the servers were excellent. Nena Duplantid, always serves with a smile. Thank you for making our state outstanding. You are appreciated

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 423walterh
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
It was wonderful to read such nice comments and positive scores about your most recent stay and about the associates you came into contact with. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to do so again on your next visit to the Big Easy.

New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

While the service I received was good, I was not impressed with the room. Our room was right next to some on going construction/maintenance which caused the room and hallway to smell like mold. Overall was not a terrible stay and would stay again if not placed next to construction/maintenance.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your most recent stay and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. Such detailed feedback is extremely helpful to us and will allow us to focus on the concerns you noted in an effort to improve our product for our guests. We will definately make sure and place you in a better room location on your next visit. Thank you once again for bringing those issues to my attention and I look forward to having you again as a guest.

New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights - it was great - our room was better then expected - all the staff was very friendly. Location was easy to get to and close enough to several eating places we walked to. When we needed anything and asked the staff they responsed very quickily to our request.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Please accept my personal thank you for taking the time to comment about your most recent visit to our property and for providing the feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.

Tampa
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I was there for a convention. Everythng was well done. I had no problem with accommodations. AI would have liked to have seen a better selection of food choices I realize we were in Louisiana where the foods are noted for the spiciness, but not everyone can eat spices. there was very little on the menu that did not have some type of spice on it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It was wonderful to read such nice comments and positive scores about your most recent stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to do so again on your next visit to the Big Easy. I will definately share your concerns with our culinary staff so that we can consider adding menu items to satisy a wider variety of guests and tastes.

Irwin, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The only thing I was not too happy with, was the van driver who picked me up from the airport. I waved my one arm to flag him down. In response, he waved both of his arms. Later, that same night, he had to pick me up from a diner close to the Double Tree. I had to open the van door. When I asked for a light so I could see the steps, he replied, "there was no light". Other than him, the staff at the hotel could not be more gracious.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your most recent stay and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. Such detailed feedback is extremely helpful to us and will allow us to focus on the concerns you noted in an effort to improve our product for our guests. Thank you once again for bringing those issues to my attention and I look forward to having you again as a guest.