“Nice! Very clean!”

Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
“Nice! Very clean!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night, prior to our flight home from the New Orleans area. Very impressed with the cleanliness. Even the hallways smelled fresh and clean. Room was spotless. Just wish they offered an AARP discount. Their senior discount is for 60+.

Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Kimberly, Idaho
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had a room reserved for our trip to Louisiana. We got stuck in an airport because the connecting flight was grounded due to severe weather. I called the hotel and let them know I had to cancel since my flight was delayed several hours and we would now be flying all night long. The staff refused to help saying I was outside the time to get my refund. I told them I cant control severe weather and they didn't care. I called again and asked for a manager and I don't think he was even a manager even though he said he was. He was very rude and said how stupid I was for canceling so late I told him I cant control the weather and he called me stupid again and hung up on me. I immediately called back and canceled my other reservation for going home. I will never consider a country inn again and I hope who ever reads this will stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GM_CountryInnonline, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to address your concern. Our hotels like many others in our industry have various policies in place such as a non-refundable or non-cancellable policy. The aim is to set these polices and rates in order to help our guests save money by guaranteeing their reservations. As with any other rate, we inform our guests of these policies by listing the rate and terms on our brand website. If you book via a third party the terms are also referenced for your confirmation. You also have the option to purchase trip interruption insurance. Of course we enforce our cancellation policy. Respectfully, your comments are not completely accurate. Although your flight was delayed you were going to be late arriving at our hotel. In this case your room was still waiting for you in the early hours of the morning being a guaranteed reservation. We are sorry that we missed seeing you this time round and hopefully you will try us again in the future.
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed for 1 night at this Hotel before heading off on a Cruise the next day.

Once we arrived at the New Orleans Airport, we called the Hotel to inform them that we were at the aiport and the front desk informed us of where to wait for the Airport Shuttle. Shuttle was very quick to pick us up and drive us to the Hotel which was only a 10 minute drive at most.

Front desk staff greated us with a friendly hello and checked us in very quickly. We had mentioned that we were heading on a cruise the next day and wondered about transportation to the port. Front desk was very helpful and took care of everything for us and made sure a ride was waiting for us at the time we had requested.

Our room was very clean and cozy with comfortable beds. We overlooked the side closest to the Airport to which we could hear some planes coming in but it wasn't bothersome.
Next morning we had a great continental breakfast in the main dining area.

I would stay at this Hotel again if passing through and would also recommend to to anyone asking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
San Diego
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed because we had an early morning flight. We were very pleased by the comfortable king size bed, downstairs bar, cookies and dinner. The restaurant lacks atmosphere but the food was very good, especially the Indian dishes. There is a free breakfast that was very generous and plentiful. The staff is very nice and helpful. The airport is only a mile or two away and there is a shuttle if you don't have a car. We had a rental car and the facility is right at the airport so convenient and it was not necessary for us to use the shuttle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanRSF
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel.. Staff is very helpful and nice. Great shuttle service. Good continental breakfast. Has a full bar. Plenty of other place to eat close by. Good place to stay for early flights.. Airport so close.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good breakfast. Nice staff. Clean room. The hotel is atrium style. I was on 4th floor close to elevator and it was noisy one night. The other two nights were good, but I did run a white noise app to muffle stuff because I am a light sleeper. Bed was super comfortable. Cookies 24 hrs a day at the front desk.

Room Tip: I was in 422, ask to away from atrium and elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank happytraveler793
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I visited New Orleans, Louisiana, and stayed at Country Inn & Suites at 1501 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Kenner. Firstly, it was so close to the Airport - maximum 10 minutes, plus very ideally located to get around. The Hotel was kept very clean, staff was very friendly and their complimentary breakfast was excellent! The chef and the dinning area staff, did a great job in making sure breakfast items were constantly replenished and area kept clean at all times. Room service was excellent too! Our stay was so very comfortable, felt like home away from home! A definite second, third, ... time, if opportunity permits!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business