Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport
US$87
US$85
Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport(Kenner)(Great Value!)
US$87
Radisson
US$152
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmarriott propertiesnew orleansclose to the airportour entire staya quick overnight staywafflesfree breakfastwould stay here againupon checkdesk staffthird floorroom was clean and comfortablefree shuttlean airport hoteldecent hotelbusiness tripfront desk clerk
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We are Marriott Elite Rewards members, so we like to stay with a Marriott property when we can. We booked a night here after reviewing the web site because we needed to leave our vehicle and take their shuttle to the airport the next morning. The web site stated complimentary parking and shuttle for airport. I even called the location to confirm ahead of time. But, after we checked in and called to reserve the shuttle for the next morning, we were informed we would have to pay to leave our car over the weekend--even though the web site said otherwise. We were extremely upset about this turn of events, but paid for fear of being towed. When we got home from our trip, I checked the web site again, and nothing is stated on the web site about a fee for park and fly. I certainly won't stay here again, and plan to report this property to Marriott Corporate for what they did.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CajunCountryBR
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Tevin at the front desk was wonderful. He was most helpful and attentive even when not taking direct care of a guest. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the front desk staff. I had read prior to going that you could hear planes all night long and that the beds were spongy. Let me tell you that we stayed the day we landed and that night heard no planes at all. Yes, that night the bed was spongy or extremely soft. We also stayed here the night before our departure by air home. This time we did hear planes but not all night - just up until around 11 and starting again around 6 a.m. The bed was not as soft this time. My complaint has to do with the shuttle. I signed up for the shuttle when checking out the first time we were there for 3 days later. Upon checking in on my return night - they did not have us on at all. Tevin and I discussed the proper time for me to sign up for the shuttle for the morning and he scheduled us for 7:30 a.m. We were waiting by the door by 7:30 and were told to come in and sit down the driver would be a couple of minutes and she would come in to get us. About 10 min. later he tells us she is here and when we go out, the van is pulling out unto the street. I immediately went in and told the desk clerk - he called the van driver and we were told she was turning right around and coming back for us. 20 min. later I went back in and asked how much longer - she obviously went to the airport. While I was standing there the desk clerk called the driver and reported to me that she did not go to the airport and would be there in 2 min. In another 10 min. she pulled up and informed us she didn't know she had more passengers - sounds to me like if we were more and there was no one in the van - she dropped the other passenger/passengers off at the airport. She did not assist any of us (by this time there were more folks) with our luggage or take the step stool down to help us into the van. She then drove off with the step stool still where it was in the driveway. She was not very nice or helpful. I don't know what the real issue was but do know there was a communication breakdown somewhere along the line. Fortunately we did not miss our plane. I don't know what to tell you concerning your own potential visit here, but I would hesitate to use the shuttle without some kind of action to assure me this has been corrected. We did return our rental car the night before and took the shuttle to the hotel and had no problem at all. Perhaps it was a specific driver. I did not catch her name. No tub issues the first night. The second stay night we felt like we were standing in a trough.

Room Tip: room in the back side of the hotel - first floor - no plane noise was detected room in the front side of the hotel - 2nd floor - definitely plane noise detected
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank msfigment
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here multiple times for business travel. Very good location, close to business area and airport, quite, safe and nice staff. Room is always clean. Hotel offers hot cookie upon arrival. Every time the front desk clerk are very familiar with how to pay with gift card (though not many people use it). They also greet the customer every morning when you go down stair for breakfast. A bunch of variety for the free breakfast, with hot dog, yogurt, fruit, cereal and juice.
There is as shopping mall right next to the hotel but you will still need to drive there since no sidewalk available. Many dining opportunities close to the hotel make dining very convenient. Have no complain and definitely will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Peng Y
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The rooms are great but the noise is to much for me. I heard planes taking off and landing so I did not sleep much. I was ecstatic to have to get on a plane and fall asleep after my night stay. The food is very good. The service is outstanding. Cannot recommend if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We got "stuck" in New Orleans for an extra night which turned into one of the highlights of our trip. I called the Fairfield Inn in Kenner, LA and booked a room. They picked us up in 10 minutes. The van driver was friendly and helpful. He offered to drive us to a restaurant and pick us up when we were finished. We like to walk so he gave us directions to the closest restaurants and suggested we eat at Copelands. We were checked in by the nicest desk clerk, and were directed to our room. The room was lovely and so clean and fresh. We set out to explore and were pleasantly surprised to find the restaurants were on the rim of a huge shopping mall The Esplande. That was a great bonus for us! We shopped, ate dinner and then returned for a good nights sleep. Our flight the next morning was early and we had to get to the airport by 5;30 and they told us breakfast at the hotel started at 6. When we got to the lobby the friendly morning desk clerk had breakfast set up for us already!!! A quick snack and then a fast trip back to the airport by another friendly helpful van driver. Great place to stay and wonderful staff!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple