Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
“Just ok”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is standard nothing fancy...we did encounter a few issues with our stay.. upon arrival around 2am we checked in the guy at the desk assigned a room with a microwave and refrigerator..we get to the room no microwave...no refrigerator...oh my goodness! .why would he tell us that the room has these amenities when clearly they dont...anywho i notified him he couldn't find another room..what ever its not that big a deal..moving on...the room had a very dank smell to it..like an old water smell... the hotel is in the pathway of the airport but honestly while in my room i didnt here any planes..the only time i heard planes was when i was at the pool....they literally fly right over the hotel.... breakfast.... now let me make sure i give a detailed review on this... on the weekends i believe its starts at 6am or 7am the layout....plain toast raisin toast plain bagels raisin bagels wheat bagels muffins banana nut and blueberry bananas pineapple chunks apples boiled eggs ..oatmeal packages grits packages cereal packages..yogurts canned fruits milk juice...toppings for oatmeal which were raisins and cinnamon..eggs and pork sausage ... the eggs are not the best but with the salsa and cheese toppings they were a step above mediocre the sausage yuck...but the waffle maker is pure perfection that is the best thing they thought of for breakfast..simply wonderful all they needed was whip cream and it would be 10 stars.. coffee/tea is served all day in the lobby breakfast fills up pretty quick on the weekends so get there early....they have a small business center and the pool is nice just big enough to do its job i enjoyed the pool the planes are a bit of a distraction when at the pool but nothing worth complaining over... the hotel staff was pretty nice we did have a small issue with a request for towels and beds being made with one of the front desk clerks maybe she was just frustrated but she kinda got rude for a second but she did come explain the situation to us and i think she apologized lol i cant remember.. u need your room key for everything pool... workout ...laundry ...side door access .. so keep it with u...we had a good rate and the hotel does have a shuttle... there are several restaurants and stores nearby great location..the esplanade mall is a 5 minute walk from the hotel the scenery is beautiful in front of the hotel... i give my stay a 8 out of 10... beds were comfortable to me...some say they are spongy but i loved it..i wouldn't probably stay here again but next time i think i will get something closer to the city of new orleans... new orleans was nice but i love ATLANTA

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Richard W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not 100%. I would like to talk to you a bit more about this as well. You can contact me directly at the hotel. Again, I am terribly sorry, and I would like the opportunity to make it right for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this location due to early am flight, hotel is close to airport, room was fresh and clean, had a good workout in the fitness center (treadmills, elliptical, bike, dumbbells and bench). Staff was friendly and helpful with dinner options.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We hope to see you again soon.
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a loyal Marriott customer so we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Kenner the weekend of July 19th for the Bey and Jay Z OTR Tour at the Superdome. We were picked up at the airport by the first of a hotel of extra friendly employees. Our driver gave us great pointers about New Orleans and where to eat. When we got to the hotel, we found out he was the Operations Manager Rich, he really set the tone for our entire stay. The lobby had a really nice setup and the pool area was very inviting, the pictures on the website do not do it justice. We stayed in a King suite on the even side of the hotel (340), I requested the even side based on reviews I had read. The room was clean, comfortable and we slept like babies after walking Bourbon street. The hotel has a great hot breakfast with waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and fresh baked goods. The hotel was really nice, but the staff was really great. We were greeted each afternoon by Michelle, who made us feel like family. Every staff member we encountered genuinely asked about our well being and our stay. When we left we felt like we were leaving family. Based on Rich and Michelle's suggestions we visited Harbor Seafood and loved it. Amazing Grace taxi service was used during our entire stay, they were prompt and very friendly. we plan on going back to New Orleans and will be back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim W
I can't thank you enough for your kind words! Michele and I are always here for you, and we look forward to having you back. We had a great time being part of your New Orleans experience!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The staff went above and beyond to make our first trip to New Orleans enjoyable. Provided transportation within a 5mile radius. Took us to local festival. Gave us all the best places to eat(local eating, not tourist). Always had a cab service ready for us when we were ready to head downtown. Location to airport, mall, and food places great! Cab was $40.00 for 3 one way,but you may have been able to find parking during Essence Festival but the price came to be the same either way. Will stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KitaPooh
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff! We hope to see you again real soon!!
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is very clean, offers a convenient airport location.
The staff was helpful , the manager on duty very professional.
Moreover, the hotel offers a 24 hour complimentary shuttle, and it takes only 5 minutes to get to airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Richard W, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, and for choosing to stay here with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stay at this property frequently,rooms are always fresh and clean.
I want to call out the staff as they went over and above handling a problem I experienced.
They apologized and took care in getting me another room(problem with the AC).
Very professional and caring.This represents good leadership and expectations by the management.
I also like the fact that even though their breakfast starts at 6 am they always have it set and ready to go early,this is a big plus for business travelers.
Keep up the good work and I will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alanporter41
Thank you for staying with us. I always love to hear that our staff did a great job!! We do hope that we can welcome you back soon. Again, thank you.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here 2 nights while on a sightseeing trip to New Orleans. We did not use the Fairfield as a base while in New Orleans, as it seemed to far to travel to go downtown every day.
The place is clean but the rooms are really small. We normally stay at a Fairfield when we travel but this location seemed to have smaller than normal rooms.
The breakfast was fine and the service was good as always, but I have one complaint about this motel. I always request a room with a refrigerator and microwave but was told this time that some of the rooms are not equipped with them and ended up without either a refrigerator or micro. Even though they tell you that you can get rooms so equipped, if you check in to late and there are no rooms left with those features, you are out of luck. Did not like the fact that they would not guarantee a room so equipped.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I would also like to apologize for not having a fridge and a microwave available for you at check in. This type of feeddback is very important to us. We are currently looking into the possibility of equiping more of our rooms with theses amenities. If you would like to speak more about this, I am always available. Again, thank you very much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!