“Great food”

Cuisines: American
Description: They are listed on Urban Spoon
Description: They are listed on Urban Spoon
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Really enjoyed the food. The catfish was very good and the shrimp were very tasty. The prices were reasonable also.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Our waitress was efficient and polite. The restaurant looked clean. I just was not impressed with the food. My stuffed crabs were way overfried. My husband liked the catfish but not the shrimp and oysters. Salad bar is very small. Not worth the money.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stopped here on our way back from Houston. Decided to drive the back roads back to Baton Rouge. We had heard about Roy's & thought we would try it. We were a little disappointed. We shared a large fried catfish plate. There was ample food for the price. The baked potato & the salad were good but the catfish left something to be desired.
The main problem with the catfish was, all of our pieces had a large oil vein left in them, giving them a strong taste. When we removed it the fish was actually pretty good. The fillets should have been cleaned better prior to frying.
They have peanuts on the table & you are allowed to let the shells go to the floor. Since I love peanuts, this was a nice plus.
The service was fast & friendly.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Good food, good service, excellent atmosphere for a family.
I live here so I will tell you we eat here often. You will not find a cleaner restaurant on the planet! I know the owners and they are terrific Christian people. Well, at least the wife is!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I eat at Roy's quite often since I have to work in Kinder occasionally. Wish they were open on Monday since that's when I'm usually in town.
Food has always been great, served piping hot and the homemade tartar sauce is really good.

Been to Roy's Catfish Hut? Share your experiences!