“Good Cajun Food”

Fausto's Family Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Kinder
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Food was authentic. Nice little family place down the street from the Casino worth the trip to visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Every time we go to Kinder, we have to stop at this great little seafood restaurant on the corner. The food is fresh and hot, served up with a smile. It was packed when we had lunch, but the folks behind the counter worked fast to seat you and feed you! My sister and I had Oyster Poorboys and they were delicious! My husband had the Crawfish Poorboy. We will go back everytime we go gambling in Louisiana!!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you want some good fried chicken and onion rings ... Stop by. It is a very casual place that you order at the counter and they bring it to you. Amber was very nice and helpful. You have the choice of eating in two separate rooms. I picked the one without the animal heads on the wall.

1  Thank saltypelican
Reviewed 28 May 2014

AS soon as you enter the restaurant look to the left for the menu is up on the wall, decide ,order and go sit down! It is a very casual Louisiana style family eatery. My husband and I stop in to eat here before heading to the Casino, the food is Fresh and prepared perfectly. I always get the fried shrimp and they are huge! I almost always have leftovers because the servings are large. The prices are moderate and a good deal for the amount and quality of food. Highly recommend you go Hungry. I just wish these people had their restaurant in the Casino because the food there has been below par every time I have eaten there! If you like down home cooking and atmosphere This is the Place!

1  Thank judybh3ah
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have often passed this restaurant up on our way to the casinos and wondered if it was any good. Well, we were not disappointed when we decided to finally stop. Although the décor is a bit out dated but don't let that deter you. STOP BY. We had the seafood special and was it delicious. Served hot and fresh, we had two catfish filets, two shrimp, coleslaw, dirty rice, fries and a pastalette (deep fried biscuit). The only disappointment was that the pastalette was not filled with crawfish but that is my fault for not asking. The restaurant is divided in two sections; smoking or non-smoking. We sat in the non-smoking section which was a bit unnerving with all the head of dear and stuffed wildlife in the room. I would recommend eating at Fausto's because the food is really good and the place is interesting to say the least.