“THIS PLACE STINKS”

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
San Antonio, Texas
“THIS PLACE STINKS”
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Literally, the place smells like fish. The staff is not friendly and they tried to raise the rates when I checked in. Don't stay here

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Dirty walls, burnt out light bulbs, bare thread sheets, old food left in the mini fridge from previous guests, dirty/ripped carpet, thin walls (could hear the person in the next room snoring!), door to room would barely open due to ripped carpet, free shuttle to casino never arrived after being called 3 times. Did I miss anything? Don't waste your time in this dump! Spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Kinder hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I drove all the way from San Antonio, TX and was happy with the check-in. It was fast. The Manager was very nice and would always give a friendly wave of hello. The room I had was clean and everything seemed to work. The cleaning staff were very good about maintaining the cleanliness of the room. I always had clean towels and the staff were also friendly. I stayed two nights and enjoyed the fact that I could go to my room and relax after spending most of my time at the casino. Not having to stress about room problems during a vacation is always a plus and this place was definitely stress-free. It is very close to the casino, maybe about 5 or 7 minutes away. There is a railroad, however, across from the hotel. Sometimes a train passes during the evening. The mattress felt very firm. Other than that everything was good and I was very satisfied with my stay. Just an FYI there is a very good Waffle Shoppe a few blocks up from the hotel on Highway 165. The pecan waffles and pancakes are awesome!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank maf2974
Iowa,La.
Reviewed 1 January 2009

Scottish Inn was clean and we enjoyed our stay there. Only 4 miles from casino. Could not find a place to stay on New Years Eve. Wish I would have got girls name. Very polite and helpful.Thanks Scottish Inn.

• Liked — Very close to casino
  • Disliked — Price went up for holiday
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sonyadunno
WEST CENTRAL LOUISIANA
Reviewed 3 July 2008

The Scottish Inn was exactly what we wanted for a mini vacation at the casino. It is easily accessible right on the highway, just five minutes from the casino. I wager it will be even quicker once the 4 lane is completed.Check-in was done in a matter of minutes as the desk is steps from the entrance. Our room was next to the handicap access one and on the ground floor. Ample parking space for special needs was noted. Our room exceeded our expectations for the price. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. This was all that was necessary for our stay. My husband was disappointed that there was no coffee maker in the room, but a fresh pot was made and ready at the front desk, on checkout. A hair dryer, ironing board and iron, were provided in our room. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate breakfast at the casino but one was available at the inn. Enroute to the casino from the inn, were McDonalds, Market Basket, CVS, Sonic, and assorted local stores. Gas prices at the local service stations, were comparable to Feather Fuel, which is next to the casino. We will stay at the Scottish Inn again. A pond is behind the motel, which was an unexpected surprise.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything....
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank LOLALARA
Dallas
Reviewed 18 January 2008

it was a great expericence for me... the price is always just right!! me & my wife go there every 2 months.. the staff is very friendly!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — nothing..
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank josh_evens
Aggie, Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2007

We arrived very late and unpacked into Room 103 (non-smoking) and the first thing I noticed was the absence of a table and chair. Then I noticed the lack of an alarm clock, coffee-maker, kleenexes. There was only one paltry lamp in the room. The carpet was old but presentable.

Then I went to freshen up. Imagine my joy when I saw the filthy door by the commode. Greasy hands plus I can only imagine all up and down the door's edge. It shows incredible lack of cleanliness. Then I spied the urine stains on the back of the commode. So I thought I'd better check the shower. I found four 8-inch wide swaths of BLACK MOLD running up and down the inside of the plastic shower curtain. I went to the sink to wash my hands only to be greeted by stained, dingy towels. By this time my husband decided to check out the sheets. Faint black stains on both sheets and pillowcases. We were furious, but it was too late on a Saturday night to try to find other lodging.

I went to the office the next morning around 9 am to personally leave my key and ask for a discount. Well, the 9 to 10 year-old girl behind the desk wasn't up to the task. I looked over at the other side of the room to see a coffee maker with 2 empty pots that looked like they hadn't been washed in a decade, dollar-store cookies, and a nasty, wadded-up washcloth on the counter. It was so sad it made me laugh out loud.

I hope you learn from our experience with Scottish Inn Kinder. We'll never take a gamble on this place again.

• Liked — That we only had to stay one night.
  • Disliked — The filth, the filth, the filth, the filth
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank music55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
Rodeway Inn
Days Inn Jennings
Days Inn Jennings
#3 of 4 in Jennings
Americas Best Value Inn- Kinder

Been to American Inn of Kinder? Share your experiences!