“Excellent Inn”
Review of Coushatta Inn

Coushatta Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kinder B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Really nice treat to get away from it all.I really enjoyed staying at the Inn.People were all so helpful,and friendly.Front desk staff was so nice,helpful,and polite.I will be returning to the Inn soon.Very comfy beds,and rooms.Nice,and clean.Great to have a small fridge,and microwave in the room.Shuttle service was top notch.I plan on moving to Louisiana from Texas.I love the people,food,and the casinos.

Room Tip: I'm a smoker,and I enjoyed staying on the third floor.Have housekeeping to spray your room every...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We love coushatta, we have stayed many times at the different hotels. we received a comp room, so we decided to go, we checked in put our luggage in the room and went to the casino hoping for some luck. After playing some of the different game and having dinner part of our family was ready to relax, so they went to the room got ready for bed AND WHEN SHE CRAWLED INTO BED IT WAS WET !!!!! Yes you heard me right IT WAS WET , she looked up to the ceiling hoping to see a water leak nope there wasn't one. REALLY HOUSEKEEPING DIDN'T CATCH A PEE / URINE IN THE BED !!! There wasn't enough soap to wash that off your body or out of you head. We did get a different room, but still the damage was done. Management did say they well have a good long meeting with the staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Disappointed711
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel is clean, staff is friendly and noise was not a problem. We asked for a fridge and it was in the room when we arrived. We were able to check in at 2. Microwave down the hall is not convenient but not a big deal for us. Mattress feels kind of worn but fairly comfy still. It is not far to walk to the casino. Overall, a standard middle-of-the-road type of lodging.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vsb58
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed one night at Coushatta Grand Inn. Was not allowed to check in before the 4pm guaranteed time. Enjoyed my stay, the bed and pillows were great! Once a hall passerby spoke pretty much outside my room and I flinched thinking someone was in my room. No refrigerator or microwave in the room, but ice in sink worked fine and microwave down the hall by vending machines. Plenty close to walk to and from casino. Small dated bathtub and standard white towels. I would definitely stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 18 November 2013

With the Coushatta Grand closed for renovations I had to stay off campus i.e. not near the casino. The shuttle is quick its not that far away, you could walk and you are near the water park.
No food and the vending machines were empty - the room had a coffee maker and is typical. Comfortable, quiet no problems. Bathroom was clean but tub was a little slow draining. Not sure if the non slip appliqués were stained or needed more bleach. Elevators worked even when told they were slow. Not slower than most this size. Lobby was spacious with high ceilings and rather nostalgic and reminded of an older lobby with large sofas and fireplace. Wifi works well throughout the inn. Overall beds were comfortable as was everything. I would consider staying here again although Seven Clans is primo this worked as an alternative.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Bill_C_06
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I've stayed at the Coushatta Inn several times in the past, but this was my first trip since the 7 Clams and the waterpark opened. It seemed like since these things opened they let the Inn fall apart. There was a huge stain on our carpet, the bedspreads looked disgusting and their was hair on our bathroom floor. We ended up on the first floor close to the lobby, and could hear in detail every person that talked in the hallway or the rooms adjoining ours. It got so loud at one point that was had to call the front desk.

Needless to say, I will not be coming to Coushatta again unless I can get a room at the Grand or 7 Clams.

Room Tip: No first floor and as far from lobby as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank peepsbrown81
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here overnight on our way to New Orleans and found it to be far lesser of a value than expected. The rooms are dated and filthy, and the walls seem paper-thin. We never expected a 5-star accommodation, but we have stayed in many establishments that cost at or below the rate here and had much better experiences.

Cons: The tub was filthy and there was no water pressure to speak of. When we got into the room it was ice cold (something that they may feel proud of) and we ended up leaving the AC off the entire night -- it was still chilly in the room the next morning! The floor of the bathroom was dirty when we got into the room, and there was left over garbage on the floor at the door. I was also shocked (?) to have my bare foot stick to the floor when I was getting into bed at night. The bed was another issue -- a horrible night sleep fighting the hump in the center and the two sunken segments of the king bed. So much for cuddling with the wife!

If I were to ever visit the area again I would likely stay at the newer 7 Clans hotel next to this one, but I certainly would NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelingTexan63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
Coushatta Grand Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Iowa
Days Inn Jennings
Days Inn Jennings
#3 of 4 in Jennings

Been to Coushatta Inn? Share your experiences!