“Fabulous visit as a large family group”
Review of The Woodman

The Woodman
Price range: £4 - £17
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Woodman Inn is a traditional style pub with a modern twist. Shane and Laura run the pub together with Shane as chef patron showcasing some of the best locally sourced Yorkshire produce in his menus and specials. A great range of Yorkshire guest ales changing weekly and a fantastic laid back ambiance make us a must for a visit. Super dog friendly and with a huge kids adventure playground in the garden, we really are a must for a visit. Pop in and give us a try.
Reviewed 6 January 2024 via mobile

We visited The Woodman as a group of 17 last night to celebrate my son’s 30th birthday. We happily paid a £5 per head deposit & pre-ordered starters & mains. The staff were happy for us to bring balloons & some table decorations & brought my son out a birthday dessert with candles, a lovely touch.

The whole evening was fantastic, the staff were brilliant, we had everything we needed & nothing was too much trouble. The food all came out together & was delicious, everyone really enjoyed it. Thank you for making our evening so special, we were able to enjoy celebrating together, while the staff managed our large group with ease. I would definitely return in future.

Date of visit: January 2024
1  Thank Rachel N

Reviewed 23 December 2023

Excellent place for a family lunch. The staff were so friendly and welcoming and the food was great. Just to mention that some of the starters are quite large, so if you are a pudding fan factor that in!

Reviewed 15 December 2023

Stopping nearby in our caravan we decided to call up to Bishopthorpe.
The Woodman is a gem of a pub. The landlady is very welcoming and knowledgeable.
We couldn't stay for food but definitely will next time.
The pie looked amazing.
Highly recommend
Also very dog friendly

Reviewed 13 December 2023 via mobile

We booked to bring my Mum for lunch but unfortunately at the last minute she was not feeling well . Husband and I decided as we were in York we would still go for our lunch and so glad we did . We had the farm sharing platter which was amazing value with so much food from 4 thick cut pieces of Ham, sausages in honey scotch egg and an Asian beef that was so good . There were various mixed salads loads of Chunky pieces of bread and a big slice of pate that was too strong a taste for me but my husband enjoyed. I will bring my sister next time to try the fish platter . This is the 3rd time we have shared a meat platter and each time they have been different but all really good value .

Reviewed 12 December 2023

Tasteless pate as a starter. Did say which they took of the bill. How ever out main come total over season. The chips where covered in salt was so over power on the whole off our meals. So I said something to the staff who took and just laughed at me. I asked why she was laughing. She said not at you at the situation. No one else said out and I’m the first to complain. Paid £40 for some break and 2 drink as the rest was t edible. Your customer service is completely shocking.

3  Thank Natalie J