“10/10 - Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of U Drive Cars

U Drive Cars
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“10/10 - Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I can't fault this, absolutely lovely experience with personal touch from the owner.

I will be coming back soon.

Thank you for great day out and special thanks to all the staff.

Top Marks!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Anuj K

London, England, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great day, all my birthday wishes came true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Went today 10/05/14, and very well set up and organise. Cars I drove were aston Martin db09 and lambo which I payed extra for so glad I did as it was amazing.
Instructors were really good and just and amazing day. Will go again just to try the lambo one more time.

Stoke, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

I purchased a 'Lamborghini Driving Experience' for my dad direct from the U Drive Cars website. This entitled him to six laps driving the Lamborghini gallardo followed by a high speed passenger ride with a professional driver.
I was able to personalise the voucher with my own message and it arrived quickly in an unmarked envelope, so mr dad remained unaware until his birthday. He loved the first and proceeded to call and book his experience, everyone he spoke to were friendly and helpful and he managed to book on one of the last days if the year.
Despite being a care frantic he had never done anything like this before and was excited if not a little nervous. We received directions on how to get there which was great and when we arrived we signed in with the friendly desk staff who explained everything that was going to take place from that point onwards. My dad had a full safety briefing and track tour which were really informative and helped to calm his nerves!
The group he was in was really nice size and created a really nice atmosphere while meaning he didn't have to wait long for his drive.
When it came to his drive he got called and took to the track!! He came back absolutely beaming, he had a great time and the instructor encouraged him the whole way round to push the car as much as possible and really get the most from the experience which he was surprised at!
He enjoyed it so much that he decided to purchase several extra drives which were offered on the day at a discounted price, dote these being available they weren't heavily pushed. I have heard people to to these places before and receive nothing but pushy sales, can honestly say it was nothing like that, the staff were all really friendly and seemed to love what they do, just wanting to have a good day!
In the end my dad added a Porsche 911, lotus Elise and Mitsubishi Evo drive to his experience, all these were able to fit I'm within a good time frame so we weren't stood around waiting for to long, my dad liked each car a little more than the last and it's safe to say he got a bug for it! All the instructors he had were helpful and friendly and wanted him to have a great day.
It then came time for the high speed passenger ride, I had decided to get involved too and for £10 I was able to join my dad on his high speed passenger ride which was great! The driver was amazing and it was really good way to end the day, but it did make the drive home in my KA seem a tad sluggish!
We also purchased in car filming for my dads experience, purchased on the day, so he received a little USB to give to each instructor to film his drives, which were great fun to watch when we got home! He continues to watch them not and show them to anyone who will watch!
Absolutely great experience that I couldn't recommend more! Think I know what to get my dad for his birthday every year!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Stacey D
Oxford, United Kingdom
“U-Drive Super car experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

My son and I had a fantastic day out driving a number of super cars ranging from modern exotica like Porshes, Lotus, Aston Martins, & Ferraris, through to true classis sports cars such as an Austin Healey 3000 and a Jaguar E-Type. The instructors were excellent and certainly provided enough expert knowledge to help us to enjoy the driving experience at an exremely high level of power and performanve. My 18 year old son has come away with a hugely increased awareness of how cars behave at high speed and how to handle these conditions, and I have come away with a hugh smile on my face. Paul Davis who owns U-Drive, runs a proffesional and polite service that I can recommend to anyone. We plan to come back and try out the rest of the stable of cars in the spring. Thanks for a great day out, Top Marks !

Visited December 2013
Helsingborg, Sweden
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Fun experience for the hubby!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I bought my husband a Supercar 4 and Hot Laps Driving Experience at Heyford Park as his Christmas gift. I bought my package from www.trackdays.co.uk, but one can also purchase the same packages directly from www.udrivvecars.com. There are all kinds of fun driving experiences and different combinations of cars/vehicles to choose from and if you are lucky, you may find a great deal that will suit you and/or your speed demon perfectly! The voucher was delivered in a very nice metall memonto gift box along with an engraved key ring and a few other tokens from the company.

The venue itself is a little tricky to find, but accessible by train + taxi from London if you aren't driving yourself. The track is located on the old airfield and the buildings are simple and functional. You report in to the reception area and are checked off by one of the staff there and directed to your information/instruction meeting. Then, you step outside and wait for your name to be called for your different car experiences. Before this, you have the possibility of purchasing a DVD package with pictures taken of you in each car and also videos taken of you while driving. BEWARE though, only two of the four cars my husband drove was equipped with this filming
equipment (which they failed to inform us of...) and we felt a bit cheated at the end, which is why udrivecars did not get a 5!

The instructors that follow along in the cars were professional drivers/ test-drivers and gave expert help onlong the way. The 4-6 laps in each car (Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus Elise and Subaru Impreza) went very quickly and just when my husband felt he was getting the hang of it all, the laps were over!

Also, my husband remarked that the track , being a former air-strip, was very straight and there were not many exciting curves to make it a little less monotonous. If you would like a more challenging circuit, there are other tracks to choose from all over England (check the websites). All-in-all he enjoyed every minute of his 21/2-hour experience and would love to do it again with other cars. The super-fast "Hot Lap" driven by a pro driver was probably the most nerve-tickling!

Good things to know before your experience is that it is very cold and windy on the airfield, so wind-protective clothing is necessary. There is a very small caravan with hot/cold drinks, sandwiches, pastries and snacks, but nothing great in the way of dining, so bring a packed lunch if you are planning on spending a few hours at the place. Each experience takes approximately 15 minutes, so a 3-4 car deal is probably the best combination to make sure the trip to Upper Heyford is worthwhile.

I believe that any husband, partner, boyfriend or male friend would be thrilled to receive a gift package from udrivecars!

Visited June 2013