Sedgebrook Hall
Hopping Hare(Northampton)
US$105
The Langham Hotel(Northampton)
US$63
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$82
US$79
Travelocity
  • Pool
Travelodge Northampton Upton Way(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$45
Travelodge
US$57
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney(Northampton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Premier Inn Northampton Town Centre Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslovely groundswedding venuejacuzzi and saunagroupon dealchristmas partymeeting roombar areaweekend breaklocal pubbar pricesevening mealpub next doorleisure facilitieschanging roomsrestaurant stafffollowing morningfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2014

You can see from the website that this hotel is strongly pointed at corporate guests in the week. The accommodation block was very standard. The real shame was that the only time we were in the 'old' part of the house was when walking through reception, they really should make more if this for the standard guests. All other parts if the hotel are in modern (ish) extensions.
That said the staff were friendly and attentive, the pool was nice if a little small and the location was good for walking along the old railway line.
Perfectly fine break but nothing special.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for staying at Sedgebrook Hall and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. All feedback is important and will be shared with our colleagues. I do hope that if you are in the area again we will have opportunity of welcoming you to Sedgebrook Hall.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

spent 2 nights at this hotel, it ticked most boxes for me, it was clean, comfortable and quiet, the facilities were brilliant. the staff were very polite and accommadating. nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Next time i am in the area i will certainly stay here again. bar prices were a little high for my liking but i didn't expect anything else. I didn't let it spoil my stay and still enjoyed relaxing in the bar area

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at Sedgebrook Hall and for sharing your experience. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here for one night whilst on a training day in the area. Hotel is in lovely grounds. Nice reception area. My room was very corporate in style but comfortable very quiet and clean. Some colleagues were in areas that had not had a refurb and their rooms were poor.
We had a set meal provided at night which was ok but nothing special. Bar prices are awful though. If we'd had more time we would've gone to the pub down the road instead.
I don't really like buffet breakfasts but this one was pretty good with nice sausages and excellent mushrooms in the full English.
All in all a decent stay in a hotel geared towards corporate bookings.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Sedgebrook Hall, your comments are very important to us. All feedback is discussed with the relevant departments in order that we can continually improve for the future. I would advise that we also have a rolling refurbishment programme in our accommodation area. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nice Business hotel but totally over rated, complimentary chocolates went to the wrong room(had to ask at reception where they were),complimentary wine was rank and left behind at dinner table, set up a room tab for bar but was very disappointed that reception didn't set this up right and was very embarrassed.
Pool and Jacuzzi was freezing cold changing room was dirty and un kept.
gym was small and many machines we not serviced or in working order.
Bar/Dinner supervisor was clearly out of her depth as the young staff were seen regularly standing around chatting whilst tables could be cleared, customers kept waiting at the bar.
Room was upgraded however I wish I didn't as the room was very warn as the fixtures we chipped and wood exposed, the shower was poor and lacked any energy to wash with.
I definitely would not recommend or stay here again.

Room Tip: Go Hilton Hotel , you pay a bit more but it's worth it
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sedgebrook Hall and for sharing your feedback. I am very disappointed to read your comments. I would welcome the opportunity of discussing these further with you and would be most grateful if you could kindly contact me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have been staying at the Sedgebrook three nights a week for around 3 months. It's a very nice hotel in a lovely location within its own well maintained grounds. The location is around 5 miles from the centre of Northampton.

There's a gym but it's very tiny and it's difficult to use the few weights supplied in a safe manner. The hotel also has a fair sized pool, which looks decent but I have yet to use.

The breakfast fare is comprehensive and of a decent quality.

The rooms are of a good size and pretty well maintained for the most part although they do seem to be going through an ongoing refurb so there is a bit of variation in terms of quality but saying that they are all fine and are very clean.

The hotel does function as a conference centre and can get pretty busy during the week.

If I have a gripe, and it's a minor one, it is that the menu choice in the restaurant is a little restricted, often bland and is also somewhat over-priced. Saying that it is edible, which is more than can be said for a lot of hotels.

Probably the high point of the hotel are the staff who are all really pleasant, efficient, keen to assist and very, very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sedgebrook Hall on your visits to Northampton and for taking the time to feedback to us on TripAdvisor. Your comments are important and will be discussed with the relevant departments. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the staff, I will ensure these are passed on. We look forward to seeing you again.