“More of a conference Hotel”
Review of Sedgebrook Hall

Sedgebrook Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chapel Brampton
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Arrived for our 2 night stay 28th Feb. Very polite on check in, explained where our room was and how to get to it and about the swimming times for the kids. We had superior double room, which with the extra bed the hotel provided and the cot we brought with us it was very tight.

We ate out at a local pub on the Friday night. but got a couple of drinks and a glass of milk at the bar for the kids and took them back to the room when we returned. The heating was off but the heating pipes were running thought the room (boxed in) and making the room hot.

Breakfast was a buffet, and very good with both scrambled and fried eggs, the only thing that was missing was mushrooms. We managed to get a swim in with the kids after breakfast (they have times that kids are allowed in 9am-10.30am and 3pm-4.30pm).

We did have food in the hotel on the Saturday, room service which I ordered at the bar, Chicken Nuggets and Chips for the children to share, Beef & Parsley Burger and a Chicken Caesar Salad, and some drinks, which the bar man offered to carry to the room for me, but as they were busy with a wedding I said it was fine and I could manage.
The food was great, I would have liked a bit more Caesar dressing, but that's just me.

The Breakfast again the next morning was great, we even managed to have a quick swim before check out.

The staff were very helpful and if we are ever in the area again we would stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank we-care
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent visit to Sedgebrook Hall. I am delighted that you will stay with us again if you are in the area, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had an overnight stay at Sedgebrook Hall Hotel on Friday night with my elderly mother who is disabled - the staff were all courteous & helpful & the food was excellent. Although the internal layout of the hotel with frequent stairs makes it difficult to navigate inside with a wheel chair, the position of some external doors make access to the bedroom from the car park fairly easy, and a disabled parking place by the restaurant makes faccess to the dining room easier. However, this would be more difficult during winter weather.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqui A

Thank you for visiting Sedgebrook Hall and for your feedback following your stay. I have taken on board your comments regarding the layout, and this is something we continually review to see where we can make improvements. I hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I'd say that all the staff were friendly and polite if not all that professional. Trying to get a drink at the bar I was refused as I had not set up a credit account so had to pay cash. Then a little later I was stopped from leaving the restaurant because I had been so bold as to have a glass of wine with my dinner but was trying to leave without paying. They were happy dinner was charged to the room but not the wine. After I politely explained that I had placed more than £2000 worth of business with them in the previous two weeks they reluctantly agreed to my suggestion that they would let me leave and settle the bill when I check out. Such a petty small minded attitude.
The food was OK although it took an hour for my food to arrive, I needed that wine!
Breakfast: again OK but the choice of kiwi fruit to peel but no bananas seems strange.
The room was again, OK, but these days a 'fat back' TV the size of a chest of drawers and just 5 channels is pretty poor. Strangely whilst the shower was hot I only ever managed slightly warm water from the tap however long I let it run.
Generally pretty average, there are much better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TerryandJane
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback following your stay. However, I was extremely disappointed to read your comments and would like to apologise for any inconvenience you experienced. We have had many positive comments from colleagues also visiting Sedgebrook Hall, and I would therefore be keen to discuss your feedback with you in more detail. I would be very grateful if you could kindly contact me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

we had a fantastic time , we celebrated my birthday in style, food, room, staff were all fantastic, brilliant., so helpful , could not fault the stay. We enjoyed a swim . a sauna and the Jacuzzi was fun,

Room Tip: swimming pool small but able to swim in it
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynn B
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

We are delighted that you chose to celebrate your birthday here at Sedgebrook Hall, and thank you for sharing your comments following your stay. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future, and that we will have the opportunity of sharing your next birthday celebrations too.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times often just as a guest and often as a conference organiser and facilitator.

From the personal welcome of Kelly, Hannah or Anna on reception to dinner often taken in the bar as well as the restaurant to a great cooked breakfast served by Monica and Angela, they really go out of their way to build a home from home atmosphere.

Set in a beautiful Northamptonshire setting with terrific scenery and comprising also a swimming pool, tennis court and gym this is a truly great hotel to stay in...

The rooms are well decored and serviced...all in all I would thoroughly recommend Sedgebrook and its great team to both the casual and regular traveller

Brendan Melvin

Room Tip: Try and get on the second floor rooms 201 to 232 are particularly good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience of Sedgebrook Hall on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that you have chosen to stay with us on many occasions and thank you for your comments, I will certainly ensure these are passed on to the team. We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We booked Sedgebrook Hall only 6wks before the big day after having a crisis of confidence with our original choice. No such worries here, from the outset we felt we were is safe and capable hands and on the big day everything was seamless, the wedding breakfast excellent, all the staff including Gemma and Debbie were professional, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The wedding breakfast was in the Elm Suite which is a particularly nice room for smaller parties (we had 24 guests) and then the Mulberry Suite for the evening entertainment. All the staff we encountered were very friendly, smart and helpful. We had a brilliant day in an excellent venue and would be happy to recommend it to anyone looking for a suitable location to hold their special day. Many thanks to everyone involved.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Holly Suite in the old house so unable to comment on the other rooms but this was l...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gra-Kat
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for choosing Sedgebrook Hall for your wedding celebrations. I am delighted that we were able to share your special day with you and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to my colleagues. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sedgebrook Hall again in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned home from our perfect weekend away at Sedgebrook hall. The perfect little hotel located in the middle of beautiful country side but still close enough to the town centres (by car). My partner and I had the most enjoyable weekend, a wonderful dinner in the restaurant followed by a peaceful evening in the bar enjoying the music and partying of the wedding on site. Fantastic hotel and ideal wedding venue from what I could see. Would defiantly recommend!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
YiannisC805, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thank you for choosing to spend your weekend away at Sedgebrook Hall. I am absolutely delighted that you found this to be a perfect weekend, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chapel Brampton
Hilton Northampton
Hilton Northampton
#8 of 27 in Northampton
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Sedgebrook Hall? Share your experiences!