“If you're looking for tranquility, don't go at the weekend”
Review of Sedgebrook Hall

Sedgebrook Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chapel Brampton
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel has a lot of wedding and parties at the weekend, which obviously cause noise, so if you're looking for peace and quiet and early nights, you won't get it on Friday and Saturday night.
The hotel is set is large grounds with 2 tennis courts and a small pool and well fitted Gym. We stayed in the extension building which reminded me of a student residential block. The room was basic and dark, although it was clean and had a hospitality tray with biscuits, which is always a bonus. There was shampoo and shower gel in the room, but no lotion.
The walls were quite thin so we could hear the people in the next room and whatever was happening in the corridor and there was a lot happening over the weekend. There were children shouting and running up and down the corridors on both floors, there were people talking and calling out 'Goodnight' to each other. There was someone banging very loudly on the outside door, in the middle of the night, and every time someone left their room, you could hear the door slam shut. Sunday night was much better and we actually managed to sleep all through the night,.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building not the extension block.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mouseHerts
Yiannis C, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit at Sedgebrook Hall. Please accept my apologies that you did not receive the peace and quiet that you were hoping for during your stay. It is important to us that all our guests receive a comfortbale night's sleep, and although this is a rare occurrence we are reviewing our procedures and training to ensure that in the future such instances do not occur.
Once again please accept my apologies, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Sedgebrook Hall.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I went to a wedding at Sedgebrook
Food very rationed, no vegetables served with the main course. Very disappointed we had to go to the local pub to eat afterwards. The room average but expensive. Dark cramped television old and not working properly. Drink prices would need a mortgage and made our stay a negative experience. Would not stay there again. Far better places in Northampton to stay. Not Sedgebrook. Poorly staffed and lacking customer service

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann W
Yiannis C, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Sedgebrook Hall, which I was most disappointed to read. We take all feedback very seriously, and I would welcome the opportunity of discussing this with you in more detail as it is through such feedback that we are able to review our standards and procedures in order to continually improve in the future. Perhaps you could call me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I had my wedding at Sedgemoor Hall in May and I can not speak highly enough of the way my wedding was planned, the wedding team, Gemma & Lauren, were great with my organisation and planning and when the big day finally arrived Debbie was brilliant with the running of the day, the whole day was well organised and went without any hitches, nothing was too much trouble, a big thank you to Debbie for all her hard work on the day, I will certainly recommend Sedgebrook Hall as a favourite wedding venue.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen7694
Yiannis C, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of sharing your Wedding with you, and may I add my personal congratulations. I am delighted your special day was enjoyable and without any hitches, and will certainly pass on your comments to Gemma, Lauren and Debbie. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights, with a work course.
-Staff- Very friendly and great service, only too happy to help.

Room - Basic, and clean, although the pillows are bean bags and i would recommend taking your own. walls are a little to thin, u can easily here people in the next room and also above. (this is the modern wing of the hotel).

Restaraunt- Food was splendid, breakfast, lunch and dinner was great. no complaints, hats off to the team.

Bar- One of my few gripes with this one, way to expensive, unreasonably so.

Gym- Too small, however the machinary is modern and in good order. swimmimg pool is clean and welcomed after a day in the classroom, aswell as the sauna.

Overall - A recommended hotel, great location, and in a lovely part of the countryside. goto the pub outside of the hotel if u wish to have a drink, where u can get change from a fiver.

3  Thank David J
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Since many years, I spend one or two days by quarter in the Hotel for Business trip.
Beautiful and calm in a beautiful country.
Great service and a Wonderful breakfast.
Always a smile or attention from the personnel.
It's the perfect place to work and take time to savour the moment

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Emmanuelle M
Yiannis C, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience of Sedgebrook Hall. I am delighted that you return to us when in the area on business, and will certainly pass on your comments to my colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst visiting Silverstone for the Grand Prix. We decided to travel a day early so booked this room a couple of days before travel via laterooms. We paid £79 b&b.
The hotel is surrounded by large, well kept grounds & vehicle entrance is via electronic barrier. Our room was situated on the ground floor and was of ample size. It was decorated in an old fashioned style but furniture, towels, bed linen etc. were of good quality. The room wasn't dirty by any means but I was put off by some mildew clinging to the bath seal & a rusty plug overflow.
Breakfast was of good quality & plentiful. We both had a cooked breakfast with a fruit smoothie but we could have chosen cereal, fruit and/or toast.
We would stay here again. One tip is that there is a great pub at the bottom of the hotel path - just turn right at the entrance & it's a two minute walk.
It had an extensive menu, our food was delicious! There's also plenty of seating outside with patio heaters.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank glasgow1Glasgow

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sedgebrook Hall whilst visiting the British Grand Prix, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments regarding the bathroom and will ensure these are rectified by our Maintenance team. We hope that you will be visiting us again soon, and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the food in the evening disappointing. The first night I ordered the chefs award winning dish of chicken breast and as described to me by the waitress a MILD curry sauce. The waitress also advised me to order a salad or chips with it as it came with a very thin potato rosti and she said it would need something else.When it arrived it was so hot my mouth was numb, apparently other diners had commented so the waitress went to inform the chef and he then tasted it and said he was sorry it was hotter than normal. What chef sends out food without tasting the sauce? My husband ordered the steak pie which looked like a bought in pie which was not what he was expecting. The second night we both ordered the fish of the day with spicy tomato sauce. When it arrived it was just new potatoes with a fish fillet on top, it really needed some veg and the sauce was so spicy we could not taste the fish. No table check was done and I could not eat my potatoes as they were black inside.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Austin0
Yiannis C, General Manager at Sedgebrook Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sedgebrook Hall and for sharing your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment with your evening meals. I would like to assure you that your comments are taken very seriously and I have discussed these in detail with my Head Chef to ensure improvements are made where necessary. Once again, I apologise for the disappointment but hope that you will consider visiting us again when I am sure you will enjoy your meal in our Restaurant.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chapel Brampton
#8 of 27 in Northampton
Northampton Marriott Hotel
Northampton Marriott Hotel
#7 of 27 in Northampton

Been to Sedgebrook Hall? Share your experiences!