Well I looked long and hard to find a hotel that looked like a little get-away in the country for my wife and I whilst not being too far away from Silverstone.
This hotel seemed to fit the bill, as the picture of a 300yr old hotel filled the first web page I thought "class"
In reality when you arrive, you see a modern building resembling a sort of dormitory look alongside the stunning hall.
It was obvious that upon arrival there was a wedding taking place, the stressed out looking staff greeted us with a weary smile and booked us in, and it's at that point you realise that you are going to be sleeping in the modern part of the hotel, very disappointing.
Drinks are very expensive at this hotel, we had 3x Stella’s and Half of a cider, £15 but if you go just down the road there are lots of cheaper alternatives.
And after a really good meal and some more drinks at the local restaurant we went back to settle down for the night, if that was only possible.
The basic rooms have a small double bed, obviously to make the room seem a little bigger, the bedding was of a poor standard, and all in all it feels uncomfortable.
There is no fridge, no iron, and the trouser press didn't work, (I was hoping to do my shirt on it), the bathrooms are a little worn looking as well, not what you would expect from a 4* hotel.
1.30AM this is when the nightmare starts, Guests from the wedding are returning to there rooms, screaming, shouting, swearing, all at the top of their voices, constant opening and slamming of doors, more running up and down the the corridor, and as you are now fully awake you can hear the constant sound of urinating in the toilets surrounding your room, nice!!
Yes I got up and complained to the reception staff, but by that time it had started to go quiet, and we were left wide awake till about 3.00AM.
I couldn't stand another night so we had a reasonable breakfast and booked out a day early, on the assurance of the reception that we wouldn't get charged.
No such luck, to add insult to injury I checked my credit card statement to find I have been charged an early departure fee of £59.00.
I have been assured I will be refunded, however I will wait and see.
So if your thinking of staying here, check there are no weddings, try to get a room in the hall, more expense but I’m sure it's worth it. will we stay again.,Not a chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sedgebrook Hall is located in the picturesque village of Chapel Brampton, in the heart of the beautiful Northampton countryside. Set in idyllic country gardens, Sedgebrook Hall seamlessly mixes Victorian heritage with modern comforts and is an ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and inspirational training along with breaks and weekends away in Northampton.Whether you are looking for a charming wedding venue, a picturesque hideaway, a state-of-the-art conference venue or simply a hotel from which to explore Northampton and relax and unwind at the end of the day; Sedgebrook Hall should be top of your list.We have 102 bedrooms set alongside the main house in a modern annexe, which also houses our conference and banqueting suites which are ideal for conferences for up to 200 and banqueting for 120.Just 20 minutes drive from the M1 and with a wide variety of local attractions including: Althorp House, Castle Ashby Gardens, Silverstone and fantastic onsite leisure activities, Sedgebrook Hall is the first choice for short breaks and weekend breaks in Northampton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sedgebrook Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedgebrook Hall Hotel Northampton
- Sedgebrook Hall Northampton