I stayed two nights with work on a course.
The hotel is based around a lovel old house although all the accommodation and main conference rooms are in fairly bland new builds.
The conference rooms were ok, a little on the tired side although the chairs were comfortable which is always a bonus. Plenty of coffee and tea available 24/7 in the lounge as well as homemade cookies, sweeties, fruit or crisps depending on the time of day. Nice touch. Newspapers and free high speed internet too.
The rooms themselves are newly renovated, clean and modern. Flat screen tv, comfy beds and reasonable size bathrooms. Being a conference hotel you also have a desk and ironing board and trouser press in the room. No air con though which made the room a bit stuffy. I was lucky to have a 1st floor room and could open my window without worrying about security unlike my colleagues on the ground floor. I did find that I was kept awake by other people coming and going and slamming doors at all hours. The walls seemed a little thin.
The food in the restaurant was ok. A good selection on offer but dinner was a little bland. Portions were small and although edible, hardly imaginative or well flavoured. Lunch was better with a good selection available of hot and cold, salad and soup. The cheese and biscuit selection was noticeable poor through out our stay with a few biscuits and couple of bits of dried up cheese on offer. Just a few words of warning about the restaurant, service is slow. There are large tables of delegates and the staff are not quick at taking or bringing orders. Also the wine is expensive, starting at £20 per bottle it was more than my company drinks policy could stretch to!
Staff were nice and friendly, no complaints there. The bar and games room (pool, snooker, table football) were popular. The overall location is fairly remote but the plus side is nice views and plenty of peace and quiet! Northampton is about 15 minutes drive if that isn't your thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sedgebrook Hall is located in the picturesque village of Chapel Brampton, in the heart of the beautiful Northampton countryside. Set in idyllic country gardens, Sedgebrook Hall seamlessly mixes Victorian heritage with modern comforts and is an ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and inspirational training along with breaks and weekends away in Northampton.Whether you are looking for a charming wedding venue, a picturesque hideaway, a state-of-the-art conference venue or simply a hotel from which to explore Northampton and relax and unwind at the end of the day; Sedgebrook Hall should be top of your list.We have 102 bedrooms set alongside the main house in a modern annexe, which also houses our conference and banqueting suites which are ideal for conferences for up to 200 and banqueting for 120.Just 20 minutes drive from the M1 and with a wide variety of local attractions including: Althorp House, Castle Ashby Gardens, Silverstone and fantastic onsite leisure activities, Sedgebrook Hall is the first choice for short breaks and weekend breaks in Northampton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Sedgebrook Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sedgebrook Hall Hotel Northampton
- Sedgebrook Hall Northampton