My 82 year old mother and I made our way from Houston to New Orleans (her first visit) and broke the long trip up by stopping in Lafayette, midway to New Orleans. We stayed in 2 highly recommended B&B's in New Orleans after our stay at the Aaah T'Frere's. Hands down this place was our favorite part. We should have done the trip backwards and had this place as our grand finale. The son, John, was our highlight. He spent nearly 30 minutes visiting with us, telling us the history of the home along with a tour, giving us a lesson on cajun's, acadian's, creole, music, and seraded us with a personal accordian solo and dance. We also were served their version of a Mint Julep and along with little toasts with a crap topping. Yummy! John was just awesome and made our trip so personal and special. I can't wait to return with my husband. I highly highly recommend. You will not be disappointed. The gorgeous home and antique furnishings are delighful. Lucious breakfast was served by the father, Mr. Pastor. Beautiful loving family. Divine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted Best of the Best in the South by AAA Southern Traveler Magazine 2011. The building itself was built by one of Acadiana's most famous settlers in 1880. It is a beautiful old Acadian home located right in the center of Lafayette, Louisiana. Here you will find true cajun hospitality and Free, Fresh Breakfasts every morning. Your stay includes Complimentary Cocktails and Appetizers upon check in, and complimentary breakfast, beverages and soft drinks during your entire stay. All rooms have private baths, cable television and wireless internet. We hope you visit us soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- t`Frere`s Hotel Lafayette
- t`Frere`s Bed And Breakfast