My husband and I have just returned from five days in Cajun country - two miserable nights spent at Cajun Cabins in Breaux Bridge, and three delightful nights spent here. Talk about night and day!
Maugie, Pat and son John are perfect hosts. They are hospitable, helpful and professional, and the facility is beautifully and immaculately maintained. All three of them have the ability to know when guests want to chat, and when to leave them alone. Your stay here revolves around your needs, not theirs.
When you come for T'Julips and canapes in the afternoon, they will help you choose where to eat that evening based on the kind of food and experience you're looking for, then make reservations for you. They also make sure your days spent in Cajun country live up to your expectations and supply you with whatever information, directions, reservations or literature you need to make them enjoyable. And they genuinely are interested in hearing about your experiences at the places you've eaten and seen.
Breakfasts are different and wonderful, and getting to meet and chat with other guests at the breakfast table is enjoyable. I must admit, I've always stuck my nose up at "semi home cooking" until experiencing T'Frere's breakfasts. I'll never attempt to make a pancake from scratch again!
We stayed in the Bourree Room... it was comfy, spacious and quiet (even with neighbors next door.) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this room with its comfy king bed!
Would I stay here again? Definitely, yes! This place is a bargain at twice the price! Frommer's review summed it up best... Just stay here, okay?
If like us, you want to spend a few days getting to know Cajun country and experience the best of Cajun hospitality, you can do it all from Lafayette and T'Frere's. If we had realized how centrally located Lafayette is, and how delightful T'Frere's would be, we could have saved ourselves a couple of miserable nights elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted Best of the Best in the South by AAA Southern Traveler Magazine 2011. The building itself was built by one of Acadiana's most famous settlers in 1880. It is a beautiful old Acadian home located right in the center of Lafayette, Louisiana. Here you will find true cajun hospitality and Free, Fresh Breakfasts every morning. Your stay includes Complimentary Cocktails and Appetizers upon check in, and complimentary breakfast, beverages and soft drinks during your entire stay. All rooms have private baths, cable television and wireless internet. We hope you visit us soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- t`Frere`s Hotel Lafayette
- t`Frere`s Bed And Breakfast