“Nice place, nice people”

T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Lafayette B&B and Inns
Newnham UK
“Nice place, nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Difficult to add much to what's been said already by so many guests, but yes, it's comfortable professional and friendly. The idea of gathering the guests for T'Juleps and general chat in the late afternoon is great and their knowledge of the local dining scene very useful. Plenty of lively talk over breakfast with other well-travelled guests - and the Mardi Gras version of the ooh la la breakfast deserves an extra ooh and la.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Pat & Maugie created a great atmosphere and experience during our 2 night stay in January. The accomodations were comfortable and private and the entire home beautifully decorated. The highlight of our stay were the delicious breakfasts and conversation with the other guests. The innkeepers were also very helpful in suggesting dining possibilities in the area, of which there is no shortage. Their decades of experience in the fine dining business were evident in both the quality of the regional dishes & their presentation.
A wonderful stay.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I had a similar experience as one review describes where Pat called me to inform me that they needed to move me to a different room since they had family coming into town. I was very flexible and willing to comply with their needs and found it rewarding upon my arrival. Pat and Maugie treated me like family, and I ended up spending most of the night visitng with them and their family. I had asked for the Louisiana room but was moved to the Fais do do room, which I do NOT regrett one bit. The room was beautiful and spacious, and the garden cats proved to be good company in the morning as I drank my cooffee on the private patio area next to my room. The satsuma tree was in bloom and the smell was delicious, it also proved as a great snack ;) The next morning my trip was further enriched as Pat and Maugie prepared one of their ooh la la breakfasts. Needless to say, if you are flexible and patient if the situation calls for it, you will enjoy your stay here with Lafayette's most loving and helpful hosts in Cajun land.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

I made a reservation at T'Freres for a room in the main house about a week before Christmas. Per their website the room was available so I booked online. T'Freres called me shortly after and said they had family coming into town to stay with them, so could they move me to the detached house. I said No, I wanted the room I booked. T'Freres said it was ok, I could keep my room. They called the next day and said they'd have to move me to the detached house or cancel my reservation, so I cancelled. This left me without a room right before the holiday. T'Freres will never get my business and other travelers should be warned about their unprofessionalism. There's nothing worse than a reservation you can't trust.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Max8000
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

My boyfriend and I spent one night at T'Frere's while exploring Lafayette, New Iberia and Avery Island. Not only were we happy about choosing to stay at a bed and breakfast instead of a typical hotel chain, but the owners here truly gave us a unique and "local" experience. We arrived late afternoon in time for cocktail hour, and I recommend NOT missing the tea juleps! They are delicious. We stayed in the back cottage, which we liked because it gave us a bit more privacy than being in the main house. Breakfast was served at 8:00am. Not only did it offer a delicious Cajun meal, but it gave us the opportunity to speak with some locals and learn more about the Cajun culture. The whole atmosphere also offers a perfect romantic getaway for couples!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

We spent a night in Lafayette to visit with some friends who recommended T’Frere’s. We could repeat all the wonderful things said in other reviews; but to describe our overall experience
….. We arrived as honored guests and left feeling like family.

Pat & Maugie are special people and exceptional hosts. We can’t say enough nice things about them and our stay at T’Frere’s House. Even the garden cats make you feel welcome!

The 19th century house is comfortable and has lots of “personality”. We adored Mary’s room at the front of the house and felt honored to be staying in it. Sleeping in the antique bed was awesome. From that location we had full access to the main house and could explore and relax. The various rooms filled with antiques were a step back in time. A bit of street noise there obviously didn’t bother us, because we slept like rocks. There are seven other bedrooms, each of which is special.

We will be back! Next time we want to dance in the front hall, eat more Ooh La La breakfasts, relax in the garden longer with Mr. Maugie (the cat), and hear more of Pat and Maugie’s stories.

Your visit to the Lafayette area will not be complete without a night at T’Frere’s. You must experience the Cajun hospitality and culture as well as the lovely accommodations, great food and drink.

Love you Pat and Maugie!
Cookie & Fred, Houston TX

Room Tip: All rooms delightful. We loved Mary's Room with bath. Hall (shared) baths are larger. Maybe ask...